Do rabbits eye change colour?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eb21

Reaction score
My mini lop had blue eyes she’s now 5 months old and have noticed her one eye has changed to brown is this normal?

This photo was taken last week now her eye is completely brown?

Attachments

• 4C1DEF6F-E0D9-4A56-B910-9C3AB9134ED4.png
    4C1DEF6F-E0D9-4A56-B910-9C3AB9134ED4.png
    428.4 KB · Views: 11
Are you sure it's a change of eye color and not an eye health issue like bleeding inside the eye? Can you post a recent photo?

No I don’t think it is an eye health issue that’s what I was worried about at first but she was fine in herself she still has sight there’s no obvious reason why it’s changed but not it’s just looks like a healthy brown eye and her other blue one is healthy and blue I can get a picture in abit but I’m 100% sure it’s just changed colour which I was just curious about

Ok, I looked more closely at the photo. It looks like your rabbit has sectorial heterochromia of the iris. Though why it would change I have no clue. You can google it and read about it changing in people and why it does. But not a lot of info about heterochromia in rabbits besides this article link.

Medirabbit: heterochromia in rabbits.

My dog had the same thing when he was a pup. He had blue-green eyes up until he was maybe 5 months and then it started to turn brown. He’s now got all brown eyes. I’m not sure why it changed either though

Thank you all I have double checked it’s still partly blue so guess it’s a pigment issue she’s absolutely fine in herself I’ve just weighed her now she’s five month old mini lop and weighs 1.8kg is this weight a good weight?

Latest posts

Back