Do Rabbits Eat Less In Warmer Temperatures?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troller

Reaction score
I know us humans do, so i was wondering about rabbits. See my buns always eat a certain amount. Now lately I've been noticing more pellets left in their dish. One explanation could be lately we've been busy so are feeding them later at night but the same time in the morning so its having a ripple effect (though its never made a difference before as far as I can tell). Daily green are the same and get finished, hay is the same, and they still take their papaya treat with no issue so its only pellets that seem off. I'm monitoring closely to make sure its not the beginnings of stasis or anything, but I wanted to hear if others experience this. Oh, and poops seem normal too.

Odd question, but is their water staying cool despite the temperatures and are you noticing any changes in their water consumption? I ask because bunnies often aren't great about drinking warm water, and the first thing they'll avoid eating if they're not as well hydrated is dry foods.

Waters nice and cool, changes every day and then some. They're drinking a little more now but thats to be expected.

I know that rabbits who are outside do eat less when it gets warm. They typically only eat at night when the temps come down. Rabbits kept inside, I'm not sure about.

Latest posts

Back