Do male rabbits have nipples?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flashy

Reaction score
I read somewhere that they don't and I wondered if that was true.

And if it is true, I find that really interesting because my black butterfly does have black nipples, and my black butterfly bucks have black where the nipples might be.

So can anyone answer this rather random question?

Ha this is a good question...lemme go see if I can feel up Ozzy;)I really don't think they do, but that is coming from someone with absolutely no idea what they're talking about. I wanna know the answer to this too

When Sky had his inguinal testicle removed they shaved his belly,and one of his black patches had a nipple like lump, but not a fully formed nipple (maybe how a third nipple looks in humans?), so I couldn't decide whether or not it was one, lol.

But they can still have "spots" where a nipple would be located. The genes that control markings (fur color distribution) is not linked to the sex genes...

Yes - bucks do indeed have tiny nipples. They are very small and difficult to locate by feel. They are easier to spot by parting the coat with your fingers (or blow into it). The tiny nipples are a little darker than the surrounding skin. (Went out tonight to locate nipples on bucks LOL).

Here's an old thread on that very subject.

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=2742&forum_id=1&highlight=buck+nipples

Pam

According to one source that I read, the only placental male mammals that don't have teats are horses and rats.

I forgot about this thread, lol.

Thanks for that Pam. that explains why my Sky had what appeared to be small nipples despite reading elsewhere they didn't have them.

Latest posts

Back