Do I still need bonding sessions with buns who live together? GIRL PEEING EVERYWHERE

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopandpee

Reaction score
They been living together the past 3 days in their own room, they're not the best of friends but there are no fights, no aggression. Plenty of grooming.
He still occasionally chases her (I assume he is chasing, not sure, coz she just runs from him when he's near) soon after he will stop and eat hay or something.
When I confine them into a smaller space (e.g. outside to eat grass) he will still hump her.
They've taught each other bad habits, she now runs upstairs (she never used to go up there til she saw him doing it) and now both eating the houseplants (she never touched the houseplants). She taught him to gnaw boxes (he used to just sleep in it, where as she is an avid cardboard eater, she eats way too much cardboard)
WHO said 2 bunnies calms each other down????? there have been no positives ._.

Do I still need to do bonding sessions with them? I never really did any. He's been desexed for 5 weeks, she's been desexed since March.
She is peeing EVERYWHERE though.. she always had bad pee habits but now its worse and its so frustrating! I don't know if she's even marking her territory or if its her disabled legs and she's just lazy to get into her litter tray, she still does use her tray, she just pees alot, and it seems like the boy doesn't pee at all.

when will the poop war end? :( my girl is always pooping everywhere but now the boy is too..

Let them be together seem to not have decided who the boss and settled down. It can take a few days to build the rang but at least the bunnies are reacting good with eachother with no fighting.

Try to clean up after them and they should calm down a bit after they have decided who in charge. It can also be that your buck still have hormones in the system which maybe trigger the girl, it can take up to 8 weeks for all the hormones to settle after a neuter/spay.

Keep on cleaning after them and don’t let the bad habits settle in. Otherwise it will be a stubborn relearning period to go in the litter box ☺️

If you don't want them to go upstairs, get a baby gate. House plants should always be out of reach. Most are toxic. If bunnies eat cardboard you need to remove it, it's dangerous. Ideally, you wait 8 weeks after neutering before attempting to bond but as they are together now, don't split them up. Perhaps try a low entry litter tray if you think that is the problem. Hard to know whether the peeing is behavioural or a medical problem. If this was my bunny I would have her tested.

Thank you everyone, there’s some reassurance it could be her sensing his hormones. I will take her to the vet shortly. Call them tmr.
She always had a problem peeing everywhere though it’s definitely worst since I’ve put them together fulltime.
they never fought since I brought him home, even through their pens When I kept them apart.
i thought it was ok for them to eat untreated/undyed cardboard.
there’s undyed paper as well which she eats now and then.

Thank you everyone, there’s some reassurance it could be her sensing his hormones. I will take her to the vet shortly. Call them tmr.
She always had a problem peeing everywhere though it’s definitely worst since I’ve put them together fulltime.
they never fought since I brought him home, even through their pens When I kept them apart.
i thought it was ok for them to eat untreated/undyed cardboard.
there’s undyed paper as well which she eats now and then.
The odd nibble of cardboard or paper is fine but it's definitely not OK to eat more than that.

Latest posts

Back