Do anyone's Rabbit jump and climp like a Cat?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitlover2019

Reaction score
Hi
my bunny is about 3 month old. she is Holland lop-Jersey Wooly mix.

IMG_20191005_225557_300.jpg

my bunny easily jumps over 80cm and climb on different objects.

because of this ability, she easily escape from my room and i cant stop it.

photo_2019-10-06_22-22-03.jpg

Very cute bunny! My 1 1/2 year old lop mix does the same thing. Yesterday I had a stack of three 5 gallon buckets in the room, and he managed to jump high enough to get into the top bucket, but could not figure out how to get out. It is good that you have a carpet on the floor. Rabbits can get injured by jumping down onto a hard surface.

Very cute bunny! My 1 1/2 year old lop mix does the same thing. Yesterday I had a stack of three 5 gallon buckets in the room, and he managed to jump high enough to get into the top bucket, but could not figure out how to get out. It is good that you have a carpet on the floor. Rabbits can get injured by jumping down onto a hard surface.
Every day she manage to reach new heights!

Mine definitely does! It's crazy how high he can jump to and from and it actually scares me to think whether it is safe. He jumps from my bed, from (and to) the couch, and from the mini fridge. Idk how high is too high.

my bunny does that too! I used to keep him in a large pen, but he would always jump out of that ( it was around 2 1/2ft high)! after that I had a 3 ft. gate but even that didn't keep him contained...

Yes! Mine escapes from the pen and I have no idea how as there's no object to serve as a step. It was meant to protect him from the cats but now they're getting along fine so it's just a home base. I still have no idea how he gets in and out though.

How high is too high? I think this is one of those questions for which there is no one answer. Some rabbits are more clumsy and can land wrong and get hurt. Some rabbits jump from high places and never get hurt. Maybe they just have stronger bones. Some rabbits never jump from high places because they just aren't jumpers. Some rabbits are overweight and get hurt because of the impact when they hit the ground. I would guess that older rabbit making a big jump could get hurt easier than a bunny for health reasons, but then a bunny is more likely to be a dare devil than an older rabbit. If your rabbit is a jumper and you are afraid they may get hurt, you can either block off access to any area they might jump from, or provide a soft landing place to lessen the risk of them getting hurt. I think the best way to protect your rabbit is to know your rabbit and take appropriate action when needed.

This is my rabbit Downy that likes to jump into waste baskets. I bought a new bale of hay and over-filled a garbage can with hay. Then I put the cover on top. Downy jumped up and knocked the top off of the can. Then he jumped on top of the can so that he could try to pick a fight with Flower, who is on the top floor of her cage.
98920543_3438055426208623_6678050193906073600_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back