DIY Hay Rack

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Bunny Drake

Reaction score
Today I filled a cardboard toilet roll with hay after seeing many people do it. My bunny Drake, loves his hay roll and throws it to the other side of the cage, and rolls it down his ramp, and eats his hay more quickly. He never really had a problem with hay. He loves it and I’m wondering if I should get him a hay rack. He shouldn’t have to work for his hay, it would be just a fun thing to have next to his litter box for entertainment. Any ideas on DIY hay racks?

A lot of people I know have taken a milk carton, cut it in half and cut off the bottom, and zip tied it to the side of the cage to make a DIY hay rack. (they pull the hay out through the cage bars). I rarely use a hay rack though; most of my rabbits just eat hay off the floor of their cage. I had one, though, that would just get it everywhere so he got a hay rack, but a couple actual ones, and so I've never tried a DIY hay rack myself.

Latest posts

Back