District 9 ARBA Convention

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score

[align=left]Mid Atlantic Rabbit & Cavy Shows – www.marcshows.com[/align]

[align=left]Officers[/align]
[font=Arial,Bold][font=Arial,Bold]
[align=left]President[/align]
[/font][/font]
[align=left]Brian Bell (NJ)[/align]

[align=left][email protected][/align]
[align=left]Vice President[/align]
[/font][/font]
[align=left]Travis Finkle (MD)[/align]

[align=left]Secretary[/align]
[/font][/font]
[align=left]Dr. Jay Hreiz (NC)[/align]

[align=left]Treasurer[/align]
[/font][/font]
[align=left]Lori Jo Whitehaus (PA)[/align]

[align=left]Directors[/align]

[align=left]Stacey Bollinger-Sauter (MD)[/align]

[align=left]Ruth-Ann Bell (NJ)[/align]

[align=left]Peg Hailey (PA)[/align]

[align=left]Stacy Hindt (MD)[/align]

[align=left]Brenda Smith (NC)[/align]

[align=left]November, 2009[/align]
[align=left]Fellow District 9 Members,[/align]
[align=left]Do you remember the last time the ARBA National Convention and Show was in District 9? For those of[/align]
[align=left]you scratching your head, the answer is York, PA in 1976. Gerald Ford was president, we had quite a few less[/align]
[align=left]breeds in the ARBA, and folks were listening to ABBA for “pop” music. I am pleased to inform the members of[/align]
[align=left]ARBA’s second largest district that after approximately three decades, we have begun to set in motion the process of[/align]
[align=left]organizing, bidding, and hopefully hosting an ARBA National Convention & Show.[/align]
[align=left]The Mid Atlantic Rabbit & Cavy Shows (MARCS) was formed at the 86
th ARBA Convention & Show in[/align]
[align=left]San Diego, CA. It is a cumulative effect of many individuals that have had the idea of bringing a convention back to[/align]
[align=left]the east coast (in particular District 9) for many years. Our target for hosting the convention will be in the next 3-5[/align]
[align=left]years at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg, PA. For those of you who have had the opportunity[/align]
[align=left]to visit the Farm Show Complex, many people exit the building admitting that “this place was designed to host an[/align]
[align=left]ARBA Convention.” We couldn’t agree more![/align]
[align=left]Hosting an ARBA Convention is a monumental task and involves thousands of hours of planning before[/align]
[align=left]hand, during, and after the actual event. It will be a DISTRICT ENDEAVOR implying that we will be soliciting[/align]
[align=left]help from members across District 9. Leading this meteoric undertaking will be Brian Bell. For those of you who[/align]
[align=left]don’t know Brian, he is a large reason why the PaSRBA Convention is now one of the largest rabbit & cavy shows[/align]
[align=left]in the country.[/align]
[align=left]Beginning in 2010, MARCS will begin hosting benefit shows to start the process of generating funds for[/align]
[align=left]our treasury. This is a precedent set by many former convention hosting organizations. Leading this task will be[/align]
[align=left]Travis Finkle and Stacy Hindt from Maryland. Local clubs, state clubs, fairs, and specialty clubs in District 9 are[/align]
[align=left]welcomed to affiliate with MARCS for a fee of $25. Our goal is to evenly spread the shows across District 9 from[/align]
[align=left]the northeast to southeast. Many of the judges in our district have already indicated that they will be willing to[/align]
[align=left]judge pro bono for many of these benefit shows.[/align]
[align=left]It is important to realize that hosting this event is one that requires MANY volunteers. I urge you to[/align]
[align=left]contact us at your earliest convenience to indicate in what capacity you would like to serve on the association. The[/align]
[align=left]next 1-2 years will be focused on hosting benefit shows and determining convention personnel. Our bid will be[/align]
[align=left]presented 2 years prior to our target date so we need a strong, sound organization years before we intend to actually[/align]
[align=left]host the convention.[/align]
[align=left]It is my sincere pleasure to make this general announcement on behalf of MARCS. Like Brian, I have all[/align]
[align=left]too often suffered the “convention itch.” We have a wonderful group of talented, hardworking, and dynamic[/align]
[align=left]individuals in District 9. I leave you with the following:[/align]
[font=TimesNewRoman,Bold][font=TimesNewRoman,Bold]
[align=left]D9 – IT’S ABOUT TIME![/align]
[/font][/font]
[align=left]Respectfully submitted,[/align]
[align=left]Jay E. Hreiz, VMD[/align]
District 9 Director

I don't think that's too far for me either!! It would mean a weekend in a hotel. I'm not even sure what district i am in anymore. I believe i was in either 5 or 7 when I was in nY(Upstate-southern adirondacks) but now i'm down in KY. are there maps anywhere? I hope it does come back this way soon, I would LOVE to go to Nat. Convention.

YAY! I've been looking for this!!!!!! That list of people have some real go-getters involved so I'm sure it will be a great show! I'll have to contact some of them to see how we can get involved! I've never been to a convention before and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see one!

Strange that I was actually looking back through the year book the other day thinking 'it's been a really long time since there was a convention in PA... we need one... '

Latest posts

Back