Dirty rabbit??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lexi benton

Reaction score
My rabbit is really dirty like it seems as though he has laid in his own mess. He’s been dirty for a couple days, about 5 days, because I thought he would clean himself, I cleaned his litter box also. Should I wash him? I know it is bad to wash a bunny because they can go in shock and generally dislike him but he smells and is really dirty. What should I do?

I would take him to the vet, if it’s been five days and he still smells then it’s likely that he has a type of infection. Rabbits naturally do not smell and always look pretty clean. I wouldn’t recommend washing your rabbit especially if you don’t know what your doing or haven’t been professionally trained

I would take him to the vet, if it’s been five days and he still smells then it’s likely that he has a type of infection. Rabbits naturally do not smell and always look pretty clean. I wouldn’t recommend washing your rabbit especially if you don’t know what your doing or haven’t been professionally trained
Thank you! I’m taking him to the vet tomorrow for a check up so I will definitely tell them about it.

I second the vet suggestion- rabbits don't typically like to hang out or be covered in their own excrement. Make sure his living area is kept as clean and dry as possible.

He could have a UTI, diarrhea, or other medical condition and be leaking on himself.

Latest posts

Back