Dill: the most awesome bunny on the planet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all for the suggestions, although I don't think another mini-rex is in the cards after all. :( I sent a note to George to let him know, and he offeredto bring over one of his boy 'babies.' Not the bunnies of my choice, they'reafuzzy lop/dutch mix, but they don't look like either.They're solid grey, up-earred bunnies,they're eightmonths old I think bynow.

I don't know much about their personalities, George would never let me touch them or spend much time looking at them. He never let them out of their box much at all -- even less than the others. Which is why I have to take him. George is living in a park or a lot with10 unfixed bunnies stacked up in boxes, no run time. They get pellets and water. The two boyswere living together but had to be separated when they hit puberty, so now they're alone. That's no life for a bunny.

Bucky would be my choice, he looks awesome, Mindy, definitelyDill-like I think. I looked into the rescue, he's a few thousand miles away, but there are direct flights. Pork Chop is a SARS bunny, they don't update their bunnies all that often, I'm sure the baby pic of my foster Jordan is still up there and he died months ago and he was over a year old. I did email Lisa from SARS to tell her about Dill -- she met him when he first arrived here -- but no response yet.

Spring, she looks sweet (although 'sweet' wouldn't describe Dill so much), but Sherry would never tolerate another female I don't think. She's the most territorial bunny every to grace this warren.

Thanks, I'll start a new thread when it's confirmed.

I really need to put together all of Dill's photos and videos, too. :sigh:

sas :cry2

I haven't written anything on this thread yet because I was so stunned at how quickly you lost Dill. Wow.

I just feel so empty of any words that will comfort - I mean - the hole in your life is probably so big right now. I loved the first few lines when you talked about your bond w/ Pipp and your "torrid" bond with Dill. I could understand it so well.

I guess I just want to say that - in time - you will heal - and you will recover from this loss. I'm sure Dill took part of your heart with him....but things will heal and you'll love again.

I think taking in another rabbit is such a good idea. I kept going back and forth about getting Zeus after losing Tiny....in the end....getting Zeus - even though he isn't my "heart bunny" ... did both me and him a world of good. So I think it is wonderful if you choose to do this.

You're in my thoughts and prayers...

The only thing I can say is that I feel for you, I know how awful it is to lose a heart bunny. Dill was so special... I just pray that your heart will find her way to another very special bunny, who could, in time, fill the empty space that Dill leaves..

I'm so very much sorry, Sas, I think of you and send you my condolences.

RIP, little boy!
Marietta:rainbow:

I'm not good with words and I'm afraid that nothing I say will be of any comfort to you, but I wanted to make sure to say something.

Dill was a beautiful bunny. I'm sorry that I didn't know much about him and that I wasn't able to get to "know" him like so many other members here. But your initial post was gut-wrenching. It was obvious that you loved him so, so much and that he loved you as well. It was also obvious that he lived life to its fullest at ever moment - no matter the cards he was dealt. He was a special bunny and wormed his way into your heart - I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

Rest in peace, Dill. I hope you're free from pain and are binkying and causing quite the stir over at The Bridge. Please send your mom some comfort and let her know you're okay.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss :pink iris:.

I didn't know much of Dill other than that sweet picture with the parsley. I can tell just from that one picture that he was a sweet, happy bunny, and he loved his humans very much. I hope you can find comfort in knowing that he was truly unique and he appreciated your love for him.

Binky free, sweet Dill. We will look at pictures of your sweet smiling face,and remember you fondly.:rainbow:

animalsfairy.jpg

I'm so very very sorry, Pipp. :sad:My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

I know we don't know each other, but i wanted to say i'm sorry for your loss. Dill obviously meant the world to you and it brought tears to my eyes knowing that you had to go through so much pain. It wasn't a bunny, but i've lost a horse to a terrible disease that i loved very much, so, i kinda know how you feel. You will always have your memories and pictures. Dill knows you love him and he loves you. Goodluck finding a new buddy for sherry.

Binky on Dill:rainbow:

Thinking of you Pipp...and Dill, gone way too fast. So much I want to say, but nothing I have to offer will heal the hole in your heart. :(

Any bunny that comes to live with you will be the luckiest bunny in the world. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you and the buns.

Oh sas i'm so sorry i missed this. It does get easier, your heart will almost heal but you'll never forget. Heart bunnies always steal a piece of your heart. I never thought id recover from losing Milly but Hope helped me...a lot. Binky free sweet Dill

Argh.... I have been there, Pipp. Right there where the grief is so tight you think you will suffocate. Her name was Puzzle and you can read about here here, if you want to cry some more:
http://www.mybunny.org/info/puzzle_letter.htm I still cannot talk about her wiithout choking up and it's been over five years.

I am so sorry.

And now I am going to log off and finish crying...

Oh sas, I know hon. Your last post teared me up because I know how it hurts. I know how you want them to come back, I really do. I kept saying in my thread how I just wanted her back many times. It does ease up gradually, but still leaves a hole in your heart forever.

It will get better.:hug:

Pipp wrote:
:bigtears:

Please come back...
Pipp - you have me in tears now....this is exactly how I feel about others.

You'll make it.....but we're here for you.

I read Alex's tribute to Puzzle, her little rex girl, and I've been in tears all day. That line was her's, but it struck such a chord.

I could go on for pages and pages... but it just makes it worse. It's almost paralysing... butIhave to concentrate on trying to help Scooter.

That really is my besttribute to Dill.

:sad:

Pipp, I'm so sorry. I wish you weren't feeling all this pain right now... I'm a few weeks ahead of you in mourning, but I still miss my girl all the time and would do anything to have her back, so I know how you feel. It makes me so sad to think of how intense your pain is right now. I've been missing my bunny particularly badly tonight too... Feel free to send me a PM if it would help, a lot of other forum members have helped me and "listened" to very long PMs I've sent them. It helps me to type a lot, maybe the same would work for you?

Pipp wrote:
I could go on for pages and pages... but it just makes it worse.  It's almost paralysing...  but I have to concentrate on trying to help Scooter.

That really is my best tribute to Dill.  

:sad:

That's pretty much what kept me going, too. I very nearly closed the rescue when I lost Puzzle, but if it hadn't been for the rescue, I never would have had her. . .been able to give her the years she had. So for her, I had to keep going.

It's amazing the depth of feeling and love these fuzzy little monsters bring to our lives, isn't it?

Latest posts

Back