Dilemna

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mambo101

Reaction score
As many of you know I have been unemployed since January. Next week I will be going to Norfolk, VA to stay with a friend and do some job hunting there. If I do find a job there I will will be staying with my friend at his townhouse. I will not be able to take my rabbits with me. He will not allow pets of any kind in his townhouse. Therefore I am trying to line up "interest" from anyone in Western PA that might want to add one or all of my boys to there household.

I realize this is an unusual request because if I don't move I will keep the rabbits, but if I do find a job there and move, I will need to adopt them out on short notice and I really don't want to have to take them to the local shelters. Here are there profiles:

theboys12.jpg

theboys13.jpg

This is Danté aka Bunnyman, a red mini-satin. He is Just over 3 years old and is my most sociable rabbit. He loves to be petted. He is fixed and will come with a flat bottom Marchioro cage. He is a little fat but very healthy.

theboys6.jpg

theboys5.jpg

This is Ziggy. He is a Himilayan Mini Satin. Hi is NOT neutered. He just turned 3 years old this week. Ziggy has some issues. He does not eat hay, only pellets. He also has some dental issues that the vet wants to charge me about 400 dollars to fix. The dental problem may be the reason for lack of interest in hay but I doubt it because he for some reason has just never wanted to eat hay since I've had him. He also tends to get a severe ear wax buildup every six month that a vet visit usually takes care of. He is really a sweet little guy who let you hold him and pet his silky smooth coat(be aware he is in the process of shedding as we speak.) But once you let him on the floor to run around he is very independent. He is litter trained and will come with a 24 inch wide Wabbitat cage.

amon2.jpg

And finally this is José. He is a tort lionhead. This photo was actually taken when he was only eight weeks old. I don't have any current photos because I just can't get him to stand still for a good one. He is also NOT neutered. He is a little over 2 years old. Last year he took 9th place at the Lionhead Nationals in Columbus in the tort buck class. He is retired from shows because of too much ear wool. He will let you hold him and pet him, but is very independent one he is on the floor. He can alse be quite the daredevil so you better keep an eye on him during floor excersises. He has no health issues that I am aware of. He will come with a nice big 34 inch wide Wabbitat cage.

So if you think you might be interested, please dm me.

I am so sorry, I have been in your spot before and hope that I never have to again :(.

Could you find a foster, move to VA, then eventually get your own little place? I know Norfolk is pretty expensive, though :?.

I wish I lived nearby and could foster them for a bit....they're so sweet looking.

Dan - I feel so bad you're going through this - and I guess I just wanted to say that I hope things start looking up for you and that you can find a place for them where you'll have peace about them...

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes. I just found out my trip to Norfolk has been delayed by a week. While there is certainly no guarantee I will find a job there, the market certainly looks better down there than here in Pittsburgh. I would be foolish to not room with my friend in his townhouse. What he would charge me for rent, I would never be able find a place that nice for the money. At least I have a little more extra time now to line up possible new homes for the boys.

Dan

Dan, I'm so very sorry to hear this. I wish you the very best of luck in finding a new job that you enjoy.

I also hope that maybe it can be worked out that we get your buns to members so that when you get back on your feet, you could get them back. That would be a true, lovely story and happy ending, which I wish for you.

:hug:

Dan, I wish I could help, I'm so sorry. This is a horrible situation for you, I know.

I'll keep thinking and maybe I can figure out someone who might want one or all.

Do you have papers on the 2 non-neutered boys? Do you show them?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Dan, I wish I could help, I'm so sorry.  This is a horrible situation for you, I know.

I'll keep thinking and maybe I can figure out someone who might want one or all.

Do you have papers on the 2 non-neutered boys? Do you show them?

I'm sure I do still have the papers for Jose and Ziggy, but actually finding them would mean some serious searching. José the lionhead cannot be shown anymore because of his ear wool is too long. I have never show Ziggy because only white mini-satins are recognized breeds.

Latest posts

Back