Digging on me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themacmum

Reaction score
A couple of times now while I was holding Anya my rescue bunny, she has started digging on my chest. Obviously I'm going to get/make her a dig box, but I was wondering if it was a sign of something that she is digging on me, and not anywhere else. Luckily I just got her nails done so it doesn't hurt. I also don't out her down when she does it so I don't think its escape type behavior. In fact she often climbs more on me in order to do it. Is it a sign of affection or just a weird behavior Anya likes to do?

Digging can mean all sorts of things - or nothing more than "pay attention to me!" You kind of have to figure out the context.

When Natasha Rabbitova first came to live with me she was incredibly clingy, and wanted nothing more than to be held and petted. Then she started jumping up in my lap and digging at me... and then peeing in my lap. I had to rush her back to her cage to use the litter as soon as she started digging. I'm not entirely sure why she did that, given that her cage was open for her to go back in on her own. Fortunately both the digging and the peeing stopped once she became settled in.

Digging can mean all sorts of things - or nothing more than "pay attention to me!" You kind of have to figure out the context.

When Natasha Rabbitova first came to live with me she was incredibly clingy, and wanted nothing more than to be held and petted. Then she started jumping up in my lap and digging at me... and then peeing in my lap. I had to rush her back to her cage to use the litter as soon as she started digging. I'm not entirely sure why she did that, given that her cage was open for her to go back in on her own. Fortunately both the digging and the peeing stopped once she became settled in.

It's probably attention seeking then. And of course it works, cause I go back to petting her. :anotherbun

One of my bunnies love to dig on me when I'm wearing sweatpants or a sweatshirt... Anything of that material she will instantly dig on. I also heard that bunnies love digging in towels and blankets so that's also related to the material thing. Have you noticed if it's certain material that she likes to dig in/on? That may be the reason.

Latest posts

Back