Digging carpet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfinner1

Reaction score
i have a few carpet covered pallets in my bunny room, that act as a stepping stool for Xenos, who's cage is about 2 feet off the ground. Xenos has always ignored them, but Ggio *loves* to dig on them and rib up the carpet. I don't care that he's destroying the carpet on the pallets, but I'm wondering if there are any health issues I should worry about? He doesn't eat the carpet, but he'll dig it, grab a string in his teeth, rip is out, and dig again. Anything to worry about?

I think the only thing to worry about is his nails getting caught...but as long as you keep them trimmed, it shouldn't really be an issue. And as long as he isn't ingesting the bits of carpet, then I wouldn't worry. But if he's leaving the bits of carpet behind, there's always the risk of Xenos ingesting them.

Agree... as long as he is not ingesting any part of the carpet, it is ok, but I would watch very closely. With animals, you never know. Just because they didn't eat it today doesn't mean they won't eat it tomorrow. Quirky bunnies!

Latest posts

Back