Digging box/Sandbox

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbit Hero

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

My Bunny Pips loves to dig. So we're setting up a digging box for him. Any canadian users who can recomend a brand of sand to buy?

Normal sand box play sand would likely work.
Some people just use dirt.
Some people use shredded paper.
Or a sand/soil mix.
If you prefer sand....
You could make it fun and buy the coloured sand from ToysRUs. Its safe as people have even used it in aquariums.
Or pool filter sand. Or just plain old $6 a bag from Home Depot. If you do go with sand, rinse well (kind of like setting up a fish tank) and it might help keep you bun a bit cleaner.
As long as there are no toxins or funky things added and your rabbit doesn't ingest it.

We use shredded newspaper for our dig box. Our bunnies love it and our mini Rex gets under the paper and moves around like a submarine and then pops up thru it. Also, very easy to pick up.

Do you by chance have a picture of your dig box? I've tried soooo many things and they couldn't care less about any of them!!!
Looking for some inspiration! ^_^

We use shredded newspaper for our dig box. Our bunnies love it and our mini Rex gets under the paper and moves around like a submarine and then pops up thru it. Also, very easy to pick up.

He doesn't seem to interested in paper unfortunately. Otherwise I would love this idea. My first rabbit adored it but this guy.... Not so much! Thank you for the idea though!

I think you definitely need to do the coloured sand.... how cute would that be??!?!??
Crayola play sand is sold st toysrus in canada. Not sure if walmarts here have it. But its totally safe and so fun looking.
https://aquariumspace.com/threads/crayola-play-sand-aquarium-safe.5875/

As long as the rabbit in question doesnt ingest it. But the brand/type doesnt matter for that.

crayolasand.jpg

Latest posts

Back