Diet for a Senior Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnoliaDee

Reaction score
My bunny is about 7.5 years old now, and I've noticed in the past while that she seems to be more prone to gut problems and slow-downs. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed a similar situation?

Does anyone know if a diet change is in order... like far less pellets, and more greens? I want to make sure she's getting all the nutrition she needs, but I'm a bit nervous of pellets now. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Sandra

MagnoliaDee wrote:
My bunny is about 7.5 years old now, and I've noticed in the past while that she seems to be more prone to gut problems and slow-downs. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed a similar situation?

Does anyone know if a diet change is in order... like far less pellets, and more greens? I want to make sure she's getting all the nutrition she needs, but I'm a bit nervous of pellets now. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Sandra
i have two rex buns same age--and i feed them same as always--no change in diet,,that is,i thought it wise to stay with what works....diet should be 70% fiber for teeth and gi tract operation,,some quality pellets,,lots of good water,,weeds from the safe list,consult http://www.medirabbit.com --hope this helps--sincerely james waller--:innocent:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back