Did my rabbit get worms? How to treat it!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was no need to bump your topic like that. Many of the member who help out here have lives outside of this forum that come first.
This topic has come up a few times very recently so if you had used the forums search function you would have an answer.
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/search/524556/?q=Worms&o=relevancePlease talk to your vet about proper treatment and doing a fecal to rule other other parasites.

They can be deadly if left untreated. So as soon as you can get a vet to verify the suspicion and do treatment. I made a post a couple months ago about Shen's droppings having pinworms. That's why I suspect they are. But definitely have a vet take a look.

They can be deadly if left untreated. So as soon as you can get a vet to verify the suspicion and do treatment. I made a post a couple months ago about Shen's droppings having pinworms. That's why I suspect they are. But definitely have a vet take a look.
How long do I have? Rught now it’s 1 pinworm for every 15 poops

ALso I almost
threw up
, can I get pinworms from him at all?

It would have to be a really severe infestation to even cause your rabbit health problems or make him sick. So fatal... very unlikely to even come close to that. No reason to worry or freak out. If your rabbit isn't showing any signs of reoccurring digestive issues or weight loss, then it's likely just a minimal parasite load that you have time to get taken care of.

It's easily treated with fenbendazole. Maybe you could just ask one of those vet offices if you could drop off a fecal sample for testing and if positive, pick up a 9 day dosing of Panacur. If they can't get you in until July and you can't wait that long, if you're in the UK or can find it online where you are, Panacur rabbit can be purchased otc. Though it would still be a good idea to book an appointment for the later date, for a check up and fecal float to make sure the worm load is cleared up.

It's possible he may have already had them. Same with Shen. I do recommend making sure to keep his area thoroughly clean, always wash your hands after handling his litter, and make sure to keep an eye on his behavior like you would if he could possibly suffer from GI Stasis or any other problems.

I’m in the us. I am ordering some things from Amazon, should I get the sherwood pet health supplements? And if so which ones? Also should i get hay cubes?

I’m in the us. I am ordering some things from Amazon, should I get the sherwood pet health supplements? And if so which ones? Also should i get hay cubes?
Mine loves hay cubes but we buy the huge 50 lb bags for horses.
Sherwood and oxbow are both good. We use the oxbow vitamin wafers.

I'm not a fan of hay cubes. Nothing wrong with them nutritionally but long stemmed hay is much better for dental wear.

Latest posts

Back