Did I mess up?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renee82

Reaction score
I have a first time mama, she's at day 21 so I hadn't given her a nest box yet so she started building a nest in a wooden house she has that wouldn't give me hardly any access to babies. I took the wooden house out and gave her the nest box but I think I stressed her. She wants the wooden house still and now she is laying down with a hay-stasche and not building at all. I'm concerned about stress mostly.

I use closed nest boxes with removeable top, because that's closer to their natural behaviour (tunnels), mine never buit a nest in the open. Maybe you can putt a big enough cardboard box upside down over the netsbox, with one entrance.

Stress, not really, it's sometimes hard to watch when they are in their nest building frency, driven by instincts like on remote control, just let her do her thing, or not, whatever. It will not last too long.
It is a bit early for the actual nest, but that can happen. If she plucks fur take it out when she'S done and save it in case you need it when the time comes.
Nesting around 2-3 weeks in can sometimes be a sign for a false pregnancy, but it isn't anything close to a sure sign, you'll have to wait the full time and see anyway.

Attachments

• Haystache Schwarze 3 30-4-2017.jpg
    Haystache Schwarze 3 30-4-2017.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back