Did I buy a defective bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the big warm welcome here. I don't even think the car forum I regular had given me such a nice greeting when i joined up.

Its different being a guy with buns. The three of us get along well enough. Moreso when its just the three of us. But when my girlfriend comes over Its hard not to revert back to the very manly "They're just balls of fur, calm down" when she breaks out with the awwwwww's and oooooooooh's while she's playing with them. Or when she sees them cuddle up or groom each other. She'll more or less turn into a babbling three year old with the squeeks and cooing (My girlfriend is a real girly girl). Its a really interesting dynamic at my place.

I watched the videos and she does the EXACT same things. Wow I really thought she was having some sort of fit or something. She does kinda look a little nutty with one floppy ear sticking up and one hanging down all the time (The bun, not my girlfriend). I guess I had gotten used to having a bunny that was so calm and relaxed. They seem to be complete opposites. When he grooms her its very soft and gentle looking. When she returns the favor its a fast and rough ordeal that nearly bowls him over. He's also shedding, so I'm expecting a bald bunny before long.

Its fun to watch him chase her around though. He's usually very mellow and low key. But sometimes he'll try to mount and chase her in circles until she gives up, only to get it wrong and get freaky with her left eye. I tried to give him pointers and cheer him on, but I'm getting the feeling that he just has some kind of eye fetish. He'll get it right sooner or later.

Until then I'll have to get her a good pair of bunglasses or something.

Wraith..welcome!

Your buns sounds adorable! I cant wait to hear more stories about your little couple. You should create a bunny blog and post some pics of the two!

-Haley

Wraith2097 wrote:
When she returns the favor its a fast and rough ordeal that nearly bowls him over. He's also shedding, so I'm expecting a bald bunny before long.
Make sure they are eating LOTS of hay. With all the shedding, they can easily get fur block, which can be fatal. Bunnies can't throw up like cats, so it has to go all the way through their system. They need the fiber the hay provides to keep everything "moving along".

Welcome to the forum Wraith. Sounds like your bunnies have got you wrapped around their little paws already. ;)

Welcome to the forum, We got our buns when I bought them for my boyfriend for his birthday. He's really cute and cuddly with them and talks to them.

They even call him daddy!!!!!!!

I agree, boys and bunnies are a good combination. Enjoy the binkies!

parsnipandtoffee wrote:
We got our buns when I bought them for my boyfriend for his birthday. He's really cute and cuddly with them and talks to them.

you have talking bunnies:shock:hehehe

cheryl

cheryl13 wrote:
parsnipandtoffee wrote:
We got our buns when I bought them for my boyfriend for his birthday. He's really cute and cuddly with them and talks to them.

you have talking bunnies:shock:hehehe

cheryl
They talk all the time, only problem is, only we can hear them!!! Sometimes they talk to Paul and he'll tell me what they say and sometimes I tell him! It's really strange ;)I'm sure visitors and friends think that all four of us (or maybe that's just 2) are slightly mad!!!!!

angieluv wrote:
:inlove:I LOVE:inlove: men that cuddle animals.

Me too!! My fiance is a big tough guy. (6'3" and about 220+ lbs). He acts very macho with his friends and he doesn't take junk from anyone. So imagine my surprise when I walked in on him cuddling and "baby talking" my bunnies!!! Turns out, he owned about 15 of them when he lived in the Dominican Republic and he is more rabbit savvy than me! (not that im some expert or anything, much of what i know is from here on RO!) anyways, welcome Wraith! Looking forward to seeing some pics!

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
angieluv wrote:
:inlove:I LOVE:inlove: men that cuddle animals.

Me too!! My fiance is a big tough guy. (6'3" and about 220+ lbs). He acts very macho with his friends and he doesn't take junk from anyone. So imagine my surprise when I walked in on him cuddling and "baby talking" my bunnies!!! Turns out, he owned about 15 of them when he lived in the Dominican Republic and he is more rabbit savvy than me! (not that im some expert or anything, much of what i know is from here on RO!) anyways, welcome Wraith! Looking forward to seeing some pics!
Bunny loversin the dominican rep.? :shock:My husband is Puerto Rican and not really a bunny fan...like many people there -_-...well I will try to change him :bunnydance:

Mümmel wrote:
Bunny loversin the dominican rep.? :shock:My husband is Puerto Rican and not really a bunny fan...like many people there -_-...well I will try to change him :bunnydance:
Your husband is puerto rican? Does he like Tego Calderon???:D

Welcome to the forum, Wraith. Sounds like you have alread started doing this :bow:bunny19. Don't worry, it would have happened eventually! :D

welcome.:)

(that's so sweet that a big tough gut loves rabbits,One time I saw this biker in a vet's office and he walked out with a kitten:))so cute.:bunnydance:

Bramble Briar86 wrote:
katt wrote:
girls like guys that cuddle bunnies (i could make that into a bumper sticker. . .)

I'd buy it!!! LOL :D

Ellie and the Bun
I think that it would be better if it said "girls love men that cuddle animals" becauseit could sound like "girls like guys that cuddle bunnies (like the Playboy type)and that would be one bizarre bumper sticker. :D

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
Mümmel wrote:
Your husband is puerto rican? Does he like Tego Calderon???:D
He never said anything about him..my husbands listens to rock and metal a lot. If latin music its older stuff. I think I listen to more spanish music than he does...umh and he likes hip hop and is a great dancer ^^

katt wrote:
girls like guys that cuddle bunnies (i could make that into a bumper sticker. . .)

Ohhhhhhhhhh I couldn't resist!

bumpersticker.jpg

Latest posts

Back