Diarrhea

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupertismygod

Reaction score
Idiscovered one of my rabbit's had diarrhea this morning. I gave them raspberries yesterday (only two little pieces), but the other rabbit is fine.

I have noticed for quite some time though, that the rabbit who had diarrhea this morning, tends to have smelly poop, and can sometimes be wet quite often. Is this a sign of intestinal issues?

I feed them an identical diet.

However, the other rabbit, has dry, firm hard poops.

If Idiscover she has diarrhea tomorrow, then maybe I'll need to bring her for a checkup?

This type of thing is most often caused by diet. What exactly are you feeding? Smelly poop is also sometimes an indication of intestinal parasite particularly cocccidia.

Randy

Having same issue but not quite diarrhea I would say more like super soft stool that is long super smelly and super soft and often times gets stuck on my rabbits fur....but i've noticed him loosing weight also. He was neutered 3 months ago could something have gone wrong and caused this because of the neutering or would it be something else that he just picked up?

Hi TobynPancakes, I would start another thread about your bunny in particular because there are a lot of possible causes. Diarrhea is usually a dietary issue. It can be fecal poos that are mushy or cecal poos--rabbits have a second intestine that they use to ferment indigestible fiber that then produces cecal poos which the rabbit normally eats directly from the bum as they are produced. If a bunny has lots of uneaten cecals, a diet that's too rich is usually to blame. Mushy fecals usually come from an imbalance of GI bacteria, often started by a virus. Probiotics are good in both situations, and for fecal diarrhea, a hay and water diet is recommended until it clears up.

Thanks tonyshuman!! I'll try putting him on just hay and water and see what happens. How long should I wait till I should see a difference??

Latest posts

Back