Diarrhea??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KosmicKole

Reaction score
my bunny has recently been sick due to my changing schedule and me being a bad mother but I took him to the vet and she said that it looked like the early stages of G.I. stasis. I started feeding him critical care and then today he showed an interest in eating solid food so I started slowly feeding him solid food and pellets. he’s also been eating hay. I’ve noticed that he hasn’t been pooping solid but he has poop stuck to his butt and his private area. he’s sort of been acting normal despite the chewing more on things that shouldn’t be chewed on such as cords and boxes. I’m not sure what to do

Is he still producing normal round fecal balls in addition to the mushy poop stuck to his bum? What foods are meant by 'solid food? Also what kind of pellets do you feed, and how slowly have you been reintroducing pellets and solid food? Small amounts gradually increased over several days, or what exactly? What kind of hay is he eating and is he eating a pile the size of his body each day, or if not then how much?

Is he still producing normal round fecal balls in addition to the mushy poop stuck to his bum? What foods are meant by 'solid food? Also what kind of pellets do you feed, and how slowly have you been reintroducing pellets and solid food? Small amounts gradually increased over several days, or what exactly? What kind of hay is he eating and is he eating a pile the size of his body each day, or if not then how much?
no he’s not. he got a little bit of Romain lettuce, cucumber, and cilantro/parsley. I feed him kaytee adult pellets. Today is the first day of him eating any of this. yesterday he ate critical care and the day before he wasn’t eating at all. he gets Timothy an orchard grass mix hay and he hasn’t been eating a lot of it, I gave him like a pitcher full every day and only 1/3 of it has been eaten since I put it in his cage when he went to the vet so I guess two days ago.

Did the vet put him on any medications and if so which ones, particularly any antibiotics?
she said she gave him pain medicine and fluids for the night but other than that no. just critical care. he’s acting better now tho and having hard poops so maybe it was a one time thing?

Latest posts

Back