Diahrea or stepped on poop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Bunny Drake

Reaction score
When I woke up this morning I saw in his cage a smushed up pellet. His other poop pellets are perfectly solid, it’s just this one that he may have stepped on while walking to his food. Any idea on what this is? He is acting all healthy and still eating and drinking and all. His solid poop is a little wet... though he may have peed on it I don’t have eyes on him the whole day...
I took some of his pellets away because I heard that’s what you do with diarrhea.upload_2019-5-15_6-47-28.jpegupload_2019-5-15_6-47-53.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-15_6-47-12.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-15_6-47-12.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
His poos look normal and healthy. I wouldn't worry about a single, possibly stepped upon poo. True diarrhea is watery and runny- different than mushy or soft poos.

Thanks so much!!! I get so worried when I see one little thing off about him. Five seconds later he is fine. Before I got him I was so worried he would die because my family has a bad history with pets (we didn’t do our research). Online it said rabbis can die or get hurt really badly from diarrhea.

True diarrhea in rabbits is rare, very watery and definitely life-threatening. To me, that pic looks like it's probably 2-3 poops in a cluster that got mostly stepped on. If he's eating/drinking and all his other poops look normal, I wouldn't worry. If you mean the poops in the litter box look just a little bit wet, it could simply be that it's a VERY freshly-laid pile of poops (yes, a rabbit can leave a pile that size in a matter of a couple minutes - I've witnessed it first hand after leaving a rabbit sitting on the bed, lol). Sometimes they glisten a little when they're super fresh.

Latest posts

Back