Deworming / Breeding Preparations

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sav

Reaction score
As it moves into the next month, I’ll be starting back up my breeding (late September, Early - Mid October). In plans of doing so, thought it would be good to do a round of dewormer just to be on the safe side, as my buns do make contact with the ground when exercising. I was curious as to what everyone uses to deworm, or what they would recommend? As well as what you guys usually do in preparation to breed! I’ve got one doe whose had a litter before, one first-timer I’ll be breeding!

We didn’t regularly deworm our rabbits but I would use Safeguard liquid for goats. It’s easily tolerated by rabbits and a good general dewormer.

As far as breeding, after a hot summer we found that heat temporarily lowers the sperm count in males. If your summers are in the upper 80’s-90’s you might consider bringing inside 1-2 bucks for 2-3 weeks before trying to use them. We didn’t do anything special for does, except we gave extra time for first time does/bucks to breed. Some pick it up quick and some need coaxing.

Latest posts

Back