Dewlap (Graphic Photos)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a little, but it's been only about a week since it was shaved, and rabbit hair can grow pretty slowly....but she wasn't shaved bald, there was some fuzz left on.

I will take some new pics later today. She's allowed in the outside pen so long as she doesn't act too crazy (which she normally doesn't).

She will probably get her stitches out tomorrow. She chewed one of her spay stitches out already. :? They're itching her like crazy.

Oh man! I feel for her! I hate stitches!

Bo molts and his hair takes FOREVER to come back. I posted a couple of pics in the disapproving thread..... you can see his forehead is molting and he gets bald spots.

I guess in the long run it's better so you can kind of keep a close look at an incision.

Here's Pellette.

dsc00550co2.jpg

dsc00536lp1.jpg

She looks really good and really happy and really FAST! lol.

Her scar isn't all that bad either from what I can tell.

It really isn't. It'll look even better after we have the stitches out tomorrow!

In other news, I'm getting two new buns tomorrow for fostering from the shelter. I'll post in another thread.

NEW BUNNERS!!! WOOHOO!

Be sure to give Pellett an extra kiss from me when she does go back to the shelter. I'll miss her on here!

I'll miss her too! She's been my favorite so far. She's such a good bun! I hope she gets adopted out to a wonderful family...she deserves it....

I'm going to have five rabbits in the house/on the property. I think I will keep these two in the garage for now....

But I still know nothing about them, but the anticipation is killing me.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Do you think there is any correlation between the size of the dewlap and when they were spayed? I had Sparky and Scooter spayed at 4 and 3 months, respectively; and they both have tiny dewlaps.
That's a really good theory, Patti. Fortunately, Lily has a small dewlap, even though she wasn't spayed until she was nearly two years old:
15x2ssk.jpg

Any new pictures of Pellette? ;)

Nope, Pellette is back at the main rescue building, so I don't have any more pictures than the ones I've put up. BUT she is doing very well.

I don't think that Pellette's dewlap would have gotten much smaller after the spay, but it may have. I think it was just rather like a growth- you have to remove it to make it smaller. But that is irrevalent- what was more important was getting it out of the way so she could be comfortable *now*.

The stitches came out last week and the woudn is healing well. Doesn't even have a scab anymore.

I know, she's the sweetest rabbit...she'll make a good house rabbit. Needs to work on her potty training, but other than that, she's great.

Latest posts

Back