Developing Bald Spot and Flaky Skin, Mites??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satrevino

Reaction score
Hey, so my almost 2 year old Holland lop is developing a bald spot in the back of her head, sort of where the ears are connected to the skull. Sometimes she sheds only in certain places, but this time there was flaky skin coming off with the fur. Also, there is so much more flaky skin where the fur is coming off. I didn’t notice any mites, but I know they can be hard to detect. Does anyone know what it could be? How to treat without going to the vet?image.jpgimage.jpg

The 1% liquid ivermectin can be used to treat mites. However I would always recommend consulting with a knowledgeable rabbit vet first. Especially if you don't have experience calculating dosages and correctly administering meds. Only the smallest amount is needed to treat mites, and incorrectly calculating dosage could result in an OD. But it's your choice.

Hello,
I know this is an old thread, but is this a flea/fur might reoccurrence? My rabbit has many small raised red lumps (at least 10) on her head and is getting bald patches with some flakes behind her ears. She is molting right now, so I am not sure, but the red bumps do worry me.
Thanks in advance!
C2FBAFFC-4D56-4C3D-A029-A458AE488731.jpeg

It could be. Dandruff and fur loss can be from mites. If it worsens, definitely get your bun in to be checked.

Latest posts

Back