Deterrent spray ideas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flopsygirl

Reaction score
Okay so this may sound odd but I was wondering if anyone might suggest a deterrent I could wipe or spray on my dog to stop bunny mounting her.
I’m not wanting to neuter my rabbit as he’s elderly but he chases my very understanding Maltese shitzu through the house trying to mount her.
I started thinking maybe there was
Something doggy safe that I could maybe rub on her above her tail that might deter my rabbit ?
What do you reckon, any ideas? I’m willing to give anything safe a go

Lol! Sorry, I don't have any advice. I was just chuckling at what your poor dog has to deal with. Poor thing! Then I was trying to imagine what would happen if my rabbit attempted that with one of our dogs....:eek:

upload_2020-2-12_12-22-33.png

Okay so this may sound odd but I was wondering if anyone might suggest a deterrent I could wipe or spray on my dog to stop bunny mounting her.
I’m not wanting to neuter my rabbit as he’s elderly but he chases my very understanding Maltese shitzu through the house trying to mount her.
I started thinking maybe there was
Something doggy safe that I could maybe rub on her above her tail that might deter my rabbit ?
What do you reckon, any ideas? I’m willing to give anything safe a go

I was think vinegar but I’m not too sure how dog safe that is. I know Apollo absolutely hates the smell of it. I’m not sure how affective that is.

Vinegar might work and it is dog safe. My rabbit personally doesn't mind vinegar and has actually lapped at some that I was cleaning with before.

Hmm, don’t think I want doggy to be running around smelling like a fish and chip shop LOL. I’ve just discovered bunny spraying on my carpets as well while chasing the dog.
I feel terrible but I think he really needs to live outside I don’t know what else to do ☹️

Hmm, don’t think I want doggy to be running around smelling like a fish and chip shop LOL. I’ve just discovered bunny spraying on my carpets as well while chasing the dog.
I feel terrible but I think he really needs to live outside I don’t know what else to do ☹️

Maybe instead of putting him outside, you could use an xpen for the bunnyin one area of the room. And when the dog is out for a walk or in another room you could let bunny out to play?
And if it ends with him outside then that’s okay as long as you know he’s safe.

Latest posts

Back