Depression

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yunsandy

Reaction score
Hi all!
There was a fight between two of my rabbits two days ago, and one of them seem sad and depressed, he doesn't eat or drink as much as before. He also isolate himself at a corner. Acting very unusual I'm concern what should I do?
PS: He is a 6 month old bunny

Check and make sure he isn't hurt in any way. Hurt rabbits will try to hide or go into a corner. Are you sure he is just depressed? If he is, make sure he still gets food/water and pet him lots! He needs to continue to eat and drink.

This are two boys, none of them neutered, right?

First, check the bunny thoroughly, espacially the belly and his genitals, he could be injured. In a real fight they apply their hind claws to those regions.
This behaviour can be a sign for fear of the other rabbit, but more often it is a sign for being in a lot of pain.

I would seperate them now, you'll see if he comes out of his shell. If they are both intact males it's rather likely that they'll fight again.
Offer him food he likes (and is used to) where he sits, if he doesn't pick up eating within hours that can already be an emergency. Even if he isn't visibly injured, something is wrong if a rabbit doesn't eat normally, stress can cause that too, that you can notice it means that whatever the reason is it's already pretty bad, and sometimes that can spiral out of hand quickly.

If it's digestion problems, making him move somewhat, gentle belly massages, Simethicone (infant gas drops, 20mg twice a day) and pain meds can help, but if it were mine I would see a vet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back