Deleting threads that come out twice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

honeybunnies

Reaction score
I would like to be able to delete a post, if it has come out twice, by mistake :foreheadsmack:

Would anybody else would like to be able to do that too :community:

If so, please support this thread, by responding to it :highfive:

Imbrium

Jennifer
Reaction score
If you need a double post deleted, ask a staff member.

Members will not be permitted to delete posts.

Yup - it's an idea that's been suggested and veto'd by the powers that be numerous times. Not being able to delete your own double post is annoying, but the benefits of the current policy outweigh the downside.

Thankfully, you can't throw a bunn around this place without projectile-nose-bonking an online/active moderator, so it's quite easy to get a duplicate post deleted in a timely fashion ;).

Though on the topic of wishing for things, I still hate that you only get 5 minutes to edit your post - didn't it used to be 30 or something? Five minutes goes by in the blink of an eye!! I'm sure it was shortened for a reason but I still want to fuss about it a little, lol (I especially hate when you decide to re-word something or add one little thing, make your changes in the editor and then can't send them because it's three seconds past the cut-off).

Last edited:

Watermelons

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Un-Snowy Wet West, British Columbia, Canada
Though on the topic of wishing for things, I still hate that you only get 5 minutes to edit your post - didn't it used to be 30 or something? Five minutes goes by in the blink of an eye!! I'm sure it was shortened for a reason but I still want to fuss about it a little, lol (I especially hate when you decide to re-word something or add one little thing, make your changes in the editor and then can't send them because it's three seconds past the cut-off).

Be happy you got 5 minutes. I voted for no edit at all.

Again the benefits of less edit time far outweighs the benefit of being able to edit for longer.

The purpose of NOT being able to delete your own posts, and not being able to edit, it to preserve what has been written on the forum.
Far too many people were editing their original post in a topic, making it awkward for those coming in after the topic has been going for a bit to figure out what happened. People need to be able to follow the progression of a topic properly, and that includes reading other posters replies. Those replies wont make sense if the original topic has been altered.

As well as people who had heated arguments would go in and edit their posts after the fact so they didn't look like the bad guy.

If you wish to re-edit something, rather then hitting submit reply, use preview post.
If it's dire you edit your post, again, contact a staff member.
Not being able to edit your post does not make it acceptable to post 5 replys in a row either.

Complaining about the rules that are in place, will get you no where.

S

Sophie's Humble Servant

I think it likely that people would think about what they write very carefully before submitting a post if there wasn't an edit button at all! Lol

honeybunnies

Reaction score
I have done a double post by accident & asked for it to be deleted & I got a reply saying, that my request was not accepted.

I have found that you actually have less than 5 mins to edit. It's more like 3!

Apart from that, it's a great site!

zombiesue

Reaction score
Be happy you got 5 minutes. I voted for no edit at all.

Again the benefits of less edit time far outweighs the benefit of being able to edit for longer.

I've never been in a forum where you couldn't edit your post, and they all ran just fine.

*besides this one, of course (lol edit)

Status
Not open for further replies.