Deformed genitals advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalouuise

Reaction score
I have this almost 10 week old mini lop girl that has a problem with her genitals (seen via photos)
I have recently taken her to the vets for a health check & her booster. They’re unsure exactly what the problem is and thinks it potentially may be excess skin but advised me to get a second opinion potentially on forums incase anyone else’s bunny has had a similar issue. Any comments would be really appreciated as I’d like to help her as best I can. She does seem to be eating well, shes a chunky bunny but she is on the smaller side. The only issue she seems to have is that she gets quite dirty down there probably because the urine isn’t going in the right direction but I do clean this regularly for her as best as I can. She also seems very lively & happy within herself, doesnt seem to be suffering.

Attachments

• 4FDF4C1D-07C4-44B5-B785-8C9848825A03.jpeg
    4FDF4C1D-07C4-44B5-B785-8C9848825A03.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 1751A339-E058-4495-979D-C1817537D91E.jpeg
    1751A339-E058-4495-979D-C1817537D91E.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 25AB2D4E-6378-4519-AB24-CED0920CDFA2.jpeg
    25AB2D4E-6378-4519-AB24-CED0920CDFA2.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 6
I have this almost 10 week old mini lop girl that has a problem with her genitals (seen via photos)
I have recently taken her to the vets for a health check & her booster. They’re unsure exactly what the problem is and thinks it potentially may be excess skin but advised me to get a second opinion potentially on forums incase anyone else’s bunny has had a similar issue. Any comments would be really appreciated as I’d like to help her as best I can. She does seem to be eating well, shes a chunky bunny but she is on the smaller side. The only issue she seems to have is that she gets quite dirty down there probably because the urine isn’t going in the right direction but I do clean this regularly for her as best as I can. She also seems very lively & happy within herself, doesnt seem to be suffering.
It looks swollen, I’ve never seen that before. But if she’s doing fine, I don’t think there’s anything to worry about, maybe she hurt herself? I know that kind of thing seemed to happen with my buck, and it’s kind of messed up right now, but if it’s swollen, it should go down. If it’s something else, she might need to go to a more experienced vet. You could call around for an exotic vet. Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back