(Deceased) Lumps, bumps, tumours, abscess, the whole lot.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thinking so much of Flashy and Sweep. He's healthy and free at the bridge now, I guess. And his days were filled with love and adoration....just thinking of how hard it will be for Flashy.

As harsh as it sounds, its not hard for me. I have already done the most part of my grieving. I have cried too many times to count, I have freaked out about getting the timing wrong, or missing something, I have moaned about how it wasn't fair. Most of this Polly has had to take, and she has been ace.

Now I am relieved to have got it right, I am relieved he is free but that he had the most lovely day today.

I don't particularly want to post any pics or anything here, but they will be going up in a rather hefty Bridge post, so you can all see how much of a lovely time he had and then you will see why this isn't hard for me.

I felt great peace when I got the decision right about getting Tubby euthanised, and this is very similar. I made the choice weeks ago about being with him if it came to this, and that stressed me out greatly, but I owed him that. I was with him, I cuddled him, I talked to him, I stroked him, and he was loving the attention. He slipped quickly and quietly away, just like going to sleep. It was quick, and full of love. I've always had to think about death, my death, and I've always known I would like to go as he did, surrounded by love.

Please just think about how lucky he was to have had such a great few weeks.

Please also use this is a valuable reminder to take pictures, and videos and record stories. That gets said on here loads (mainly by Peg :p ) but it is true. I have taken so much footage and so many picturesof him and they are going to serve as a joyous set of memories.

Yes, I am going to miss him deeply, miss him coming voer and begging for food 'helping' with my tidying, coming over for nose rubs, everything about him (even the nipping), but that's ok to miss him, because I know it was right to let him go. I couldn't justify keeping him here, so it was right.

I appreciate all your comments so much. He was a special guy, Superbunny, and I am so deeplu proud of him. I think it's that pride that really makes me want everyone to know this isn't a sad thing, this is a sad thing at the end of a tremendous time, and I'd far rather look at the happy time he had and know he is going on to have more, than to think about me missing him, because really, that's irrelevent.

Goodbye Sweep!:angel:

Tracy

I hope that you continue to feel the peace that you feel now. It is very very difficult to watch a much loved bun slowly decline. Now that is over

:heartsMaureen

Tracey darling,

I don't want to say much in this thread, being in the Infirmary section, its purpose is over. I'll be looking forward to see photos and stories and your wonderful writings in Sweep's Rainbow Bridge thread. All I want to say here is that because of how brave, strong and mature you are, this thread has turned outto bea celebration of Sweep's last days rather than a mourn for his anticipated passing. I'm sure that his RB thread will be the same and even brighter.

Sweep was an exceptional bun as you are en exceptional mom.

Hugs/Marietta

I feel so bad- I'd been meaning to reply to this thread, since I saw it this morning, but hadn't had chance, and then when I came to do so, it was too late. :(I've been thinking of you a lot though.

I'm so sorry that Sweep has passed. (I know you said you don't want people to be sad, but I'm sorry, I can't help it- I feel sad when any bun passes.)

I just want to say though that Sweep was so lucky- throughout his life I'm sure that he was so well cared for, and his last weeks sound amazing, and I'm so glad he had all those happy times, and you have all those happy memories of him. I wish that all bunnies could have the happy ending that you gave to Sweep. I know that you were worried about getting the timing right, and I'm glad that you feel you did, and you could say goodbye to Sweep peacefully and (hopefully) without too much pain.

If you ever want to talk, you know where I am.

Hugs,

Jen xx

Tracey,i know you said in one of your posts to not feel sad....but i just couldn't help but cry through reading this :sad:

You gave him such a wonderful life...and you made sure his last days were the happiest.

Cheryl

I'm sorry you lost him, Tracy, but the true love of him shines through your words....

he's not suffering anymore... bless his little heart, I hope he's binkying and playing without pain.

Thank you all very much for your comments about my SuperBunny, both on here and via PMs, it means a lot (more than you'll know).

I'm so sorry this is upsetting for people. Maybe I'm not finding this too bad because I have seen the ecstasy he has been feeling. No one needs to be sad, because he is ok. I totally believe wherever he is, he is ok (I think I dreamt about him at the Bridge last night, and it was a nice dream, so maybe it wasn't a dream, but him showing me he is ok).

I could sit here and cry and get upset, but for me, in this instance, that would purely be a selfish thing. I have spent the last six weeks thinking about Sweep and looking after Sweep and doing things for him. He doesn't need people to be sad, and he wouldn't want people to be sad. He would probably just want to make sure no one saw some of his silly moments on the videos (no chance Sweepy :p). He's happy, and he went happy, so be glad that he didn't suffer, he wasn't neglected, he wasn't abused, he wasn't suffering greatly with his lump, he was happy, loved, cared for, he had everything he needed in life, and now the time was right for him to leave, he has even more in death.

I don't want people saddened so I'm hoping a kind little moddy might lock this thread (thank you in advance if you do). I don't want to make people sad so I have been debating about his Bridge threadm I also don't want sadness to surround his death. I'm not sure yet if I will post it, but it will be a celebration of his last few weeks, not sadness, not grief. I do wonder though, if maybe by sharing how much he loved life, it might let people see it's ok to not be sad at losing a bun, because it was right for him and he had such a wicked time.

Thank you all for your support. Sorry I haven't been PMing people as much as normal, I'll try to do better.

See you soon Bud. I can imagine you up there, having a 'marmalade'. Look after yourself Boney Bum and tell the other I said hi!

Flashy, Last year when we had my old kitty in the house with her cut up little feet - then when she got almost completely healed and began playing - she had a stroke.

Everyone was so saddened, and couldn't believe I had spent the time and money I did to "fix" her.... then lost her.

But me, I realize that had she just died outside, we'd have not had that time to dote on her and hold her and see her so very happy in the last of her time. We got to say goodbye for about 6 weeks....

She purred even in the end when she couldn't move. She still ate while my daughter spoon fed her for that last day... She passed away surrounded with love.

I completely understand how you feel. I'm still sad - I miss my girl and I know you will miss Sweep, but it's different....

I am sitting here trying to figure what to say and I just don't know... I'm sad yet happy that he went peacefully and that you had that time with him. I would really like to see a thread dedicated to celebrating his life. I think people would feel less sadness once they get a glimpse of how peacefully he went. Hugs to you for all that you've been through with him and for being so brave. :rose:

Go Sweep. You are a fantastic man if I had as much energy as you did at that age i would be so happy :)

You really have grabbed each moment you could and left your mum with some fab memories. ANd i bet Sandy is wondering where her whirlwind has gone to :p

Binky free up there Sweepyboy :rainbow:

Latest posts

Back