Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly Winfield

Reaction score
Until yesterday we had two happy female rabbits aged 3. Tragically we found our dominant female Belle had passed away suddenly over night. We’re all devastated but I’m really worried about Blue our remaining bunny as she was the submissive rabbit and although Belle was a bit of a meany sometimes they were the best of friends.
So my question is, what do we do!?
Do we let Blue live out the rest of her days (hopefully years!) on her own? do we find her a partner right away? Or give her a few months and let her adjust before introducing a new bunny.
Any and all advice is appreciated!!

I would give it a little time first. See how she does. (Is she spayed?)

Some rabbits seem to do just fine as single indoor rabbits if they get plenty of time out of cage and plenty of interaction. Other rabbits clearly do need a bondmate to be happy.

Rabbits can live over 10 years, so she isn't old by any means. Give her some time to adjust (and accept her loss) and then go from there.

I’m sorry for your loss and I agree with Blue Eyes, you need to give the rabbit time to adjust then introduce the new partner slowly. I wish you the best of luck.

Latest posts

Back