Deaf rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StormyB

Reaction score
So I've been suspecting Brady is deaf for a while. I know completely white cats often are deaf, does it apply to white rabbits as well? I mean, he might just be a REALLY heavy sleeper, but I doubt that. I can reach into his cage[which isn't quiet when it opens] without him waking. For example, he literally JUST laid down, I reached in, detached his water bottle, closed the cage, filled the bottle, opened the cage, and reattached the bottle, without him waking. Is he possibly deaf? He also doesn't seem to respond to sound. Like, his back is turned and I can loudly clap. My cats jump, but him, nothing.

He may just be a heavy sleeper. Or a selective listener. (or super lazy and very comfortably safe in his environment)
If he was going to wake up he would have woken up from the vibrations alone with what you said you did. So just because he didn't move to the noise doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Latest posts

Back