Day 35 and still no babas should I be worried?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectacles

Reaction score
hi my doe was due to have her first litter last Saturday, she was showing all the signs and had made a nest but pulled no hair, she was very unhappy about anyone touching her nest, that night it got very windy and her nest was destroyed but we gave her more hay and she re built it, it is now day 33 and there are still no babies and yeasterday she destroyed her nest and has refused to rebuild it but is still bad tempered and there are definitely no babies in her hutch, this isn’t just her first time but ours to, please could someone shed some light on this for us. Should I be worried?

Hello I have come looking for advice and found your question. My bunny is now day 34 and no babies although she built a nest a week ago, has been cage aggressive. I tried re breeding but she got angry with the buck and would not let him mount her as she did 34 days ago.
What was your out come did she have kits late or a false pregnancy?

Thank you

If more than 32 days have passed, and she's destroyed the nest, it is a false pregnancy. The mum realized that, destroyed the nest and now grumps about it. Have you both tried touching your does' bellies? Are they smooth and soft like a normsl rabbit's, or can you feel thr bumps and clumps of kits?

Our doe did end up giving birth to a healthy litter but turned out she had gotten pregnant later than we thought she had, could this be the case for you? Has there been another encounter since the initial breeding?
Good luck 😉

One of my does usually has her litter at day 34 or 35. That is well within the normal range.

When she's lying down it should be pretty obvious by now if she's pregnant. I wouldn't stress her any further.

There are some herbs that are said to help inducing labour, and make sure her calcium level isn't low (an indicator would be clear pee without white stuff settling), offering a Tums (fruit flavoured is said to be excepted well) doesn't hurt.

Thank you for the advice, i think it may have been a false pregnancy now. So I will wait a few weeks and try again. Thank you again for quick responses, I find this forum so helpful 🙂

Latest posts

Back