Day 28 made a nest and pulling fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eb21

Reaction score
Hi my doe is on day 28 and she’s made a nest and is pulling fur is she in labour or just nesting?

Aww thank you and fingers crossed I know it’s only a month wait but it’s still exciting lol😆 it’s her first time so glad she’s showing all good signs so fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Hope it goes well also and I looked on my rabbit just now and saw a pink spot my man said it's where his hair is laying down does ur rabbit have it also and does his or her fur lay down

Any news with your bun? Hope the labor goes well and everything!
Hey no still nothing but yesterday day 29 I saw a lot of movement they were really lively bless her but I’m hoping she will have them by tomorrow lol I can’t wait much longer lol

Hope it goes well also and I looked on my rabbit just now and saw a pink spot my man said it's where his hair is laying down does ur rabbit have it also and does his or her fur lay down
Aw thank you and I’m kinda confused what you mean by pink spot has she got a bald patch and her skin showing? And hair laying down yeah I guess so as it don’t stick up?

Aw thank you and I’m kinda confused what you mean by pink spot has she got a bald patch and her skin showing? And hair laying down yeah I guess so as it don’t stick up?
Yeah a little bald patch

I woke up to 5 kits she’s done amazing checked her all day she was acting bit weird and then checked her about 12.30am and there was 3 kits in the nest and now there’s five FairPlay considering I’ve read nothing but bad things about does and first litters and she’s done amazing such a relief

Hi I dunno if any of you could help me I checked the nest today to see if mum had fed them and she come in while I was checking and she stood over the nest for a while and started like sticking her head in the nest I think she might’ve been cleaning the kits? Or moving the fur? So I left her too it and come back out in five she was off the nest but she had a haystashe does this mean she’s feeding them?

I woke up to 5 kits she’s done amazing checked her all day she was acting bit weird and then checked her about 12.30am and there was 3 kits in the nest and now there’s five FairPlay considering I’ve read nothing but bad things about does and first litters and she’s done amazing such a relief
That’s so awesome!! Congrats!! My two does will be first time mamas, we are breeding them next month and I’m super excited for it! I believe she was most likely cleaning her babies while they were nursing? But I’m not an expert totally. I’m just getting into a rabbitry. But my guess is probably cleaning them and nursing them.

Hi I dunno if any of you could help me I checked the nest today to see if mum had fed them and she come in while I was checking and she stood over the nest for a while and started like sticking her head in the nest I think she might’ve been cleaning the kits? Or moving the fur? So I left her too it and come back out in five she was off the nest but she had a haystashe does this mean she’s feeding them?

Haystashe can mean more contractions, possibly more kits. Rabbits have two uterine horns, which means that one batch can be born, then a few more a little later. It doesn't happen all of the time, just a possibility.

Ok I just understood what you meant by haystache. She might be taking more hay to the nest or possibly like JBun said, another litter. Just watch her carefully for the next few days. Hope all goes well!

Latest posts

Back