Daphnee's Story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stephanie wrote:
Ican't believe how good she's looking. Her coat looks great! You canalready see her filling out and getting, not plumper, but healthier. :)

Great job, Gabby.
thanks, she starting to gain in areas that were loosing muscle,and i'm sure filling out will follow, she is starting to get a shin,but she is also a bit "greesy" in some spots, Once she is feeling moreherself, her coat will look even better. Healthier is the goal :D

Bo B Bunny wrote:
attachment.php

LOOK at that precious and beautiful girl! You cansee how much more relaxed and happy she is! She knows she'sbeing loved and cared for now. She likes her towel there too!:) Iwould love tokiss that sweetnose! I sure wish we could let her know how many people arepulling for her recovery and have fallen in love with her cutesyself!

She looks as if she might have picked up a little weight, has she?
I wont be able to weigh her till next week when we re xrayher hip(i don't have a current working scale), but she is starting tofeel less boney.. she had that 3rd world, boney body, with a roundmalnurioused belly, but she is starting to distrubute her weight, andher belly is becoming normal, while her bones are strting to gain somemeat to them.

Maybe all the thoughts, warm wishes, prayers and all is what is makingher feel so much more comfy, she now knows there are good people in theworld, ones that want the best for her. I don't normally givebuns towels, i can't bear the thought of them chewing it and getting ablockage, but after her dentistry,and all she isn'tin much mod to chew.. I play to replace her towels with more "chewfriendly" materials, she has to have alot of traction because of herhip, so i'm gonna try and buy some them grass rug things, enough tocover the floor of her future cage...

She's just precious!

You know, I think some bunnies just don't chew their towels and/orblankies. I think they know they are for snuggles.Bo is terrible about some things... like my purses!!! :XHegot another one! but he's such a good boy when it comes to his blankiesand puppy. I just can't give him any leather LOL!

Oh, she likes nose kisses!!! Now I really want to come and kiss her!!!!!!

I agree with the others , Daphnee is starting tolook more relaxed and she seems to look like she's put on some weighttoo. Hope her hip goes ok, and by the way you are doing a great joblooking after her, I'm sure she's very happy you are her new andforever mummy :)

Oh my Gabby, thats horrible, I feel so bad, andsee Daphnee is obviously in the best care. Its unfortunate there are somany people that just dont get it when they take in a pet. I respectwhat you have done and choices you made, you are a really good person.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
She's just precious!

You know, I think some bunnies just don't chew their towels and/orblankies. I think they know they are for snuggles.Bo is terrible about some things... like my purses!!! :XHegot another one! but he's such a good boy when it comes to his blankiesand puppy. I just can't give him any leather LOL!

Oh, she likes nose kisses!!! Now I really want to come and kiss her!!!!!!
she is very sweet, my hubby was telling the couple we went out withwhat a "talker" Daphnee is, she "chatters away" to us, herself, thedogs, it's quite cute.

Having seen the havoc faberic can cause on the intestines, I don'tthink I'll ever trust it really. But I do agree some bunsseems to be better about not chewing things they shouldn't.

ariel wrote:
Iagree with the others , Daphnee is starting to look more relaxed andshe seems to look like she's put on some weight too. Hope her hip goesok, and by the way you are doing a great job looking after her, I'msure she's very happy you are her new and forever mummy :)
I wasfeeling her hips, ribs and backbone over last night, and they aren't as"sharp" so she is starting to gain, which is good news, she eats like alittle piglet;)She surely has a home with me forever, I can'timagine having been neglcted as she was, the poor baby:(

blueyes65 wrote:
Oh my Gabby, thats horrible, I feel so bad, and see Daphneeis obviously in the best care. Its unfortunate there are so many peoplethat just dont get it when they take in a pet. I respect what you havedone and choices you made, you are a really good person.
She has her first pictures in the start of this post, andthen the newests pics i added were from 2 days ago.. I will continue toadd newer pics as I see changes in her... for the next week though herlife is still confinement, no free time, and then it depends on herxray about the hip... but maybe after that i can get some good pics tooother than cage and or pet taxi pics :p

I agree there are alot of people who just don't "get it", and also alotof people who only want a "perfect animal" no mecical ailmrnts, oranything that makes themdifferent, like being blind, or 3legged. Life is still precious to those animals as well, and they stillneed love, goodness knows we(humans) aren't perfect, how can we expectanything else in this world to be so?

Oh Gabby, Bless your heart for all you're doingfor her. I've finally been able to catch up on this post! I have toagree she is looking so much better. Although I must admit everypicture brings tears to my eyes, just the thought of all she's beenthrough...poor baby! How could anyone be so cruel to such a sweetlittle thing...GRR that just outrages me. In my opinion if you wouldn'tlet your children suffer like that then you shouldn't your animals!

She was definately blessed to have found you!!

Shannon

Ty-bee wrote:
OhGabby, Bless your heart for all you're doing for her. I've finally beenable to catch up on this post! I have to agree she is looking so muchbetter. Although I must admit every picture brings tears to my eyes,just the thought of all she's been through...poor baby! How couldanyone be so cruel to such a sweet little thing...GRR that justoutrages me. In my opinion if you wouldn't let your children sufferlike that then you shouldn't your animals!

She was definately blessed to have found you!!

Shannon

Thank you. She is a sweet girl...I just keep thinking, OK what will wefind next....Maybe x-rays from head to toe wouldn't be a badidea..might find another injury that has healed from when her hip wasdislocated...

The sad thing is it is a disposable society, and some don't stop atliving, breathing, sentient creatures, Be they Human, or animal.

I've been following this thread daily though Ihaven't said anything till now. Gabby I admire and respect you so muchnot just for what you're doing to help poor Daphnee but for all theother work and help you give to all your animals (and us). I'm with theothers who've said you're their hero. Mine too :). I always followanything you post because I know it will be good.

Every time I look at my now long fully recovered rabbits I bless theinformation you gave me telling me to keep them warm after they reactedso badly to anaesthetic, without that knowledge... well I don't like tothink about it.

I'm another one who's willing Daphnee to get through all this and have a wonderful life with you :).

Love

Kate

Gabby wrote:
Having seen the havoc faberic can cause on the intestines, I don'tthink I'll ever trust it really. But I do agree some bunsseems to be better about not chewing things they shouldn't.
Yep, if Bo even attempts to chew something, I'll take it fromhim. I won't ever leave his blankies in his cage if I amgoing to be gone more than a couple of hours. I know he won'tchew them on a regular day, but if I were to be gone for overnight orsomething...... I just don't know how he would show hisfrustration..... My sister-inlaw's dog showed hers by chewing down adoor frame...... :shock:

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Iam so happy for you.Really really happy. Your a great momwith a great point which is she can finally rest now that she has yourlove. I have been readingthis form when you put itup and what a improvementwith her. finally she canknow that theres a mom that cares,
Code:
its going to be a goodlife from now on
Your the bestlove
LOOK at that precious and beautiful girl! You cansee how much more relaxed and happy she is! She knows she'sbeing loved and cared for now. She likes her towel there too!:) Iwould love tokiss that sweetnose! I sure wish we could let her know how many people arepulling for her recovery and have fallen in love with her cutesyself!

She looks as if she might have picked up a little weight, has she?

Rowan wrote:
I'vebeen following this thread daily though I haven't said anything tillnow. Gabby I admire and respect you so much not just for what you'redoing to help poor Daphnee but for all the other work and help you giveto all your animals (and us). I'm with the others who've said you'retheir hero. Mine too :). I always follow anything you post because Iknow it will be good.

Every time I look at my now long fully recovered rabbits I bless theinformation you gave me telling me to keep them warm after they reactedso badly to anaesthetic, without that knowledge... well I don't like tothink about it.

I'm another one who's willing Daphnee to get through all this and have a wonderful life with you :).

Love

Kate
Awww, i'm touched, that is so sweet and too kind, bless yourheart. I'm glad to hear your babies are doing well, and iwish them only the best:)

Friday/saturday,,.... we will know if her hip stayed *paws crossed* i'mdreading it will be outbut then that way I am prepared for the worst,and hopefully will have a delightful suprize...

dr_peter_kraz wrote:
attachment.php
Iam so happy for you.Really really happy. Your a great momwith a great point which is she can finally rest now that she has yourlove. I have been readingthis form when you put itup and what a improvementwith her. finally she canknow that theres a mom that cares,
Code:
its going to be a goodlife from now on Your the bestlove Peter
tHankyou I sure hope so, we have her xray to do at the end of this week tocheck her hip, and also now that the swelling is down on the face wehave one more thing to check there too.... paws are crossed for thisbeautiful girl... She may be 6 yrs old, but I think life is juststarting for her...

Carolyn wrote:
No Question!

Gabby's One of The Best!!

-Carolyn
tHanks dear:DOh i haven't "seen you" promise's HCT isup to 34 as of saturday WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!! a hair below low normal, butthe vets both said if she stayed at 34 for the rest of her life theywould be happy with that.. providing the rest of her life is a longnormal one;)11 isn't old;)so now we arecutting her meds back,2 pills every other day (EOD) x 2 wks... and a HTC check again ....doing good we're flying.. however,,, maybe it;s the liver, but i stillhave to add ID to her food to keep her stool normal.....neverfound anything off on the stool sample though....

Still praying, but Thrilled with the recovery she's making. She's such a great pup!

Another lifesaved!

Way to Go,Gabby!!!

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Stillpraying, but Thrilled with the recovery she's making. She'ssuch a great pup!

Another lifesaved!

Way to Go,Gabby!!!

-Carolyn
i wish i knew for a fact what had caused it, but asone of them told me, don't look a gifted horse in the mouth, be happyshe is well and we are seeing results... hip hip hurray! if she staysnormal, i'll be happy never knowing, long as it never comes back tohaunt us....

Latest posts

Back