Daphnee's Story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gabby wrote:
I'm glad someone faith is being restored, because for me havingcome accross her just brings disapointment in people. Granted they weretrying to rehome her but at what cost to her?What if some brand newbunny person took them at faith she was perfectly healthy...Thay HAD tohave known something at least wasn't right with her, right? And to justsay oh yeah she a very old rabbit, litter box trained but healthy???come on...
I agree they had to of known about her condition, now correct me if I'mwrong but wasn't the person who first called you working in a clinic???I don't get it why didn't she mention it or try and check her out firstbefore she organised for you to pick up daphnee??? I know there areprotection laws for animals, does the clinic in which the girl workhave procedures to follow? Like checking out animals before passingthem to their "forever homes"

ariel wrote:
Gabby wrote:
I'm glad someone faith is being restored, because for me havingcome accross her just brings disapointment in people. Granted they weretrying to rehome her but at what cost to her?What if some brand newbunny person took them at faith she was perfectly healthy...Thay HAD tohave known something at least wasn't right with her, right? And to justsay oh yeah she a very old rabbit, litter box trained but healthy???come on...
I agree they had to of known about her condition, now correct me if I'mwrong but wasn't the person who first called you working in a clinic???I don't get it why didn't she mention it or try and check her out firstbefore she organised for you to pick up daphnee??? I know there areprotection laws for animals, does the clinic in which the girl workhave procedures to follow? Like checking out animals before passingthem to their "forever homes"
she did not come directly from theclinic, she came from the owners house. Truthfully, i am not sure if itwas the clinic acting on her "bennifit" or if the girl working there,had only heard of her (ie: maybe they placed fliers at the clinic) Hadshe come from the clinic, i sure hope they would have checked her out.my boss just called them all idiots, and said if they saw her at theclinic they must be very stupid:?She is quite opinionated..Course I have to agree on that one. No one was giving me a full story,so I only have peices to fit together. I understand the dayprior to her trip she was dropped of at the transporters house,directly from the owners house. neither of which was the vetinaryworker.. THe lady who contacted me directly does rabbit rescue, buthers are outdoor rabbits, she goes to our clinic, and I believe she wascontacted directly by the clinic worker from the otheroffice. i am upset by the fact thatshe was in thecondition she was in. I donothave the number of theorginal owner, I only have contact numbers of the transporter,and I think I still have the clinic workers number, but I'dhave to check.

Gabby,

I can't believe the photos of Daphne that you sent.

How's she healing? Is she getting used to you?

-Carolyn

What a darling.I'm outraged at suchpeople. I very sentimental about such things. Itmust have been hell for the poor girl and she is sobeautiful. Life is on the up and up thats for sure. Well youpet her for me as well. I just said a prayer for her and herhealthy life to come

Much Love

Peter

She is looking so much better already!

attachment.php

Carolyn wrote:
Gabby,

I can't believe the photos of Daphne that you sent.

How's she healing? Is she getting used to you?

-Carolyn
can't pick her up, a it hasn't been long enough to let her hipsettl, so when i need to take her out i have her hop into her pet taxiand i pick that up, thats how i give her, her meds. but she enjoys theattention.. i think she is getting used to me for sure, it used to beyou touched her sides or tummy and she bolted, today when i needed herto move, just to clean a spot in her cage, i had my hand on her sidesher tummy, i had to "tickle her tummy" to get her to move 'LOL her facestill is swollen, but it feels ok, it's only been around 10 days or sosince surgery.. she has a min of 30 days worth antibiotics... and withas large as it was, we may have to go back in again... but paws arecrossed that we got it all...and hopefully nything left will be knockedout by her meds... Abcesses in general oon the face are hard to dealwith in buns, they have a high rate of reoccurence... but i'moptamistic, I have a bun i rescued nearly 2 years ago, who haone on her face at that time, was even eating away at the bone*knock onwood* she's been abcess free for nearly 2 years, hers was a bite woundrelation... Pay close attention will be posting pics in each post..Maybe i should start her a new update post??

dr_peter_kraz wrote:
What a darling.I'm outraged at suchpeople. I very sentimental about such things. Itmust have been hell for the poor girl and she is sobeautiful. Life is on the up and up thats for sure. Well youpet her for me as well. I just said a prayer for her and herhealthy life to come

Much Love

Peter
Aww she thanks you very much I'm sure, as do i :D

Oh, she is looking so much more relaxed, and hercoat seems to be getting a shine to it. It's great that youfound a stress free way to give her her meds, especially as she has somany to take! Give her big hugs from me.- Jan

Wow, she's really filling out and she looks so much more relaxed and at ease! You're doing a wonderful job with her :D

OMG!!! I'm just catching up on the last half ofthese posts. Last time I checked she was seeming to make someimprovement. And now an injury, too?

Poor babie:(

Thoughts, prayers, and of course an oh so very special...."JimD ***KISS DA NOSE***".... all sent your way!

~Jim

I can't believe how good she's looking. Her coatlooks great! You can already see her filling out and getting, notplumper, but healthier. :)

Great job, Gabby.

attachment.php

LOOK at that precious and beautiful girl! You cansee how much more relaxed and happy she is! She knows she'sbeing loved and cared for now. She likes her towel there too!:) Iwould love tokiss that sweetnose! I sure wish we could let her know how many people arepulling for her recovery and have fallen in love with her cutesyself!

She looks as if she might have picked up a little weight, has she?

LuvaBun wrote:
Oh,she is looking so much more relaxed, and her coat seems to begetting a shine to it. It's great that you found a stressfree way to give her her meds, especially as she has so many to take!Give her big hugs from me.- Jan
it is good to hear fromothers she is looking better, I thought so, but sometimes you don'treally notice till someone else points it out...she is currently on 1med, 1 cc of baytril once a day.. makes less stress on her, doing itonce a day, and i compounded it into liquid so it was easier to take.Normally I just pill my buns if they need meds, but not being able toreally pick her up or move her with the hip i needed an easier methodof medicating her, this works for now.. Banana flavored baytril;)

m.e. wrote:
Wow,she's really filling out and she looks so much more relaxed and atease! You're doing a wonderful job with her :D
thanks:)her looks are deceiving, she is skinnier than she appears, but yesshe is starting to fill in htose hollow spots. All that loose fur andskin makes her appear "puffier". but She defently has been showing mehow relaxed she is, she has actualy let me touch her belly, with only alittle "skin quiver" instead of bolting like the devil was after her.

OMG!!! I'm just catching up on the lasthalf of these posts. Last time I checked she was seeming to make someimprovement. And now an injury, too?

Poor babie:(

Thoughts, prayers, and of course an oh so very special...."JimD ***KISS DA NOSE***".... all sent your way!

~Jim
she thanks you for the thoughts and prayers. THeinjurry is from before I got her, but we were so centered on all herother ailments that it went unnoticed for a few days... mind you shouldwas checked over by 2 vets and myself, so we are all rather sheepishabout it, but i know none of us ever even thought about setting herdown and watching her hop..

and she didn't move much after surgery except to eat drink, and potty,it wasn't till a couple days after while on her pain meds that shedecided to take a stroll down my hallway that i noticed she was lackingthe use of her right hind foot. In one more week e will xrayto be sure her hip has not moved or dislocated again, untill then Ionly pick her up if I have no other choice, I've mannaged not to pickher up for an entire week, I move her by having her hop in and out of apet taxi and i move her in that. BTW she LOVES nose kisses...I tried o snap a pic bt all you could see was my hair :p

Latest posts

Back