Daphnee's Story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stephanie wrote:
Oh jeez, just when we all thought she was well on the roadto recovery too. Let us know how the xrays turn out. That poor girl,again, I am SO glad you rescued her. I am just so angry right nowthinking of those **insert word I can't type here but use yourimagination** people doing that to her. :X

Thanks for the compliment on the avatar, I love that picture of him, thinking of getting it printed up and framing it.
i think we are all feeling a little sheepish,, the vet saysfrom the xray it looks as though it's been dislocated for a while,unsure how long...but her right balljoint of the hip was completelydislocated. They said since it has been out for a while they are notsure if it will stay, but we sedated her and put it back in, but itdoesn't sit fully into the socket. It is taped into place,and she is staying at the office for a few days because the vet didn'twant her to travel untill we know if it will hold in place... THe sagacontinues... And I feel like an idiot for not even noticing...Guess Inever thought a bunny who could kick me so well could possibly have adislocated hip... At least her pelvis isn't broken.

Well, with that tumor on her face, I'm sure it wasn't something that caught your eyes.

I'm glad you are trying to get her hip in place. That's just...... What the heck happened???

Those things make me want to contact the ASPCA.... I mean.... how abused and neglected was this baby? ya know?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Oh boy :(

Someone I talked to recently had a bunny with a foot like that, or adog? I can't remember, but I think they left it the way it was....
wE could leave it, but it is disabling..She has greatcontrol on rugs and towels, hops in and out of the litter box justfine..but when she tries to hop on smooth floor forget it....The vet istalking that if it does not stay in place to remove the ball joint ofthe femur

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Well, with that tumor on her face, I'm sure it wasn'tsomething that caught your eyes.

I'm glad you are trying to get her hip in place. That's just...... What the heck happened???

Those things make me want to contact the ASPCA.... I mean.... how abused and neglected was this baby? ya know?
it's like one those things we keep finding something new, likenot being able to find the bottom of the barrel.. good grief charliebrown, just what the ____ did happen to her? i fel like i just opened acan of worms......

Gabby wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
Well, withthat tumor on her face, I'm sure it wasn't something that caught youreyes.

it's like one those things we keep finding something new, likenot being able to find the bottom of the barrel.. good grief charliebrown, just what the ____ did happen to her? i fel like i just opened acan of worms......
Yeah, it's good she's getting a chance... it's just very sad that her condition is so poor.

She seems like a fighter and a good girl.

Poor little Daphnee - no wonder the people yougot her from left as soon as they did. She must be counting herblessings to be away from them and with you now. I hope her hip managesto stay in place, but I guess it depends how long it has been likethat. Give her a hug - and my Brice too :D- Jan

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Gabby wrote:
BoB Bunny wrote:
Well, with that tumor on her face, I'msure it wasn't something that caught your eyes.

Yeah, it's good she's getting a chance... it's just very sad that her condition is so poor.

She seems like a fighter and a good girl.
she is a fighter for sure. i'm just shaking my head ...

LuvaBun wrote:
Poor little Daphnee - no wonder the people you got her fromleft as soon as they did. She must be counting her blessings to be awayfrom them and with you now. I hope her hip manages to stay in place,but I guess it depends how long it has been like that. Give her a hug -and my Brice too :D - Jan
wittle man brice with be excited to hear you are thinking of him ;)

she couldn't get into the pet taxi fast enough today. I hrld it up tothe kennel door and in she goes.. She was very upset we hadn't givenher a litter box last night, but she was still a bit drugged,and a little drugged with a taped up back leg doesn't go overwell. the angel she is didn't go potty AT ALL over night and she waiteduntill i gave her a litter box this morning.. she hopped in and"flooded" the box. poor darling. She had tossed hay into her water overnight, but thankfully hadn't tipped it over.. She did however mannageto get her foot out of her "bandage" but prayers, fingerscrossed and any other good luck she can get. Her hip is still in placewe xrayed it to be sure.... if it stays 2 weeks we should be ok *knockon wood* so she is on extreamly limited activity.. *PAWSCROSSED*

Gabby wrote:
theangel she is didn't go potty AT ALL over night and she waited untill igave her a litter box this morning.. she hopped in and "flooded" thebox.
OMG!!!!! What a darling little girl! How could anyone be so careless about such a sweet thing???

It just breaks my heart.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Gabby wrote:
the angel she isdidn't go potty AT ALL over night and she waited untill i gave her alitter box this morning.. she hopped in and "flooded" the box.
OMG!!!!! What a darling little girl! How could anyone be so careless about such a sweet thing???

It just breaks my heart.
i don't know she has a bunnytude, but at the same time she is sweeter than you could imagine...

She looks better. I imagine sheis happier with food in her tummy and someone actually caringfor her!

You'll probably find this Bun will love you forever and a day, like I said earlier animals know when someone genuinly(sp) loves and cares for them. Hearing your tale really helps torestore my faith in people.

Yes it makes me very angry that people abuse animals and humans, but itsure makes me heave a huge sigh of relief that there are people whostill care enough to help.

Good luck and I'm sure with you on her side she'll do great :D

Bo B Bunny wrote:
She looks better. I imagine she is happierwith food in her tummy and someone actually caring for her!
I do know I'm gonna have to find her her very own pet taxi tokeep in her cage with her, she just adores sleeping in the pet taxinow. But i really like the one she is sleeping it, it pops apart easy,has all it's peices, so i think i'll have to find her some cheap onethat will do the trick, shoot if it were yard sale time i could pickher up one that was missing a few parts.. she doesn't need the door..

ariel wrote:
You'll probably find this Bun will love you for ever and aday, like I said earlier animals know when someone genuinly (sp) lovesand cares for them. Hearing your tale really helps to restore my faithin people.

Yes it makes me very angry that people abuse animals and humans, but itsure makes me heave a huge sigh of relief that there are people whostill care enough to help.

Good luck and I'm sure with you on her side she'll do great:D
I'm glad someone faith is being restored, because for mehaving come accross her just brings disapointment in people. Grantedthey were trying to rehome her but at what cost to her?What if somebrand new bunny person took them at faith she was perfectlyhealthy...Thay HAD to have known something at least wasn't right withher, right? And to just say oh yeah she a very old rabbit, litter boxtrained but healthy??? come on...

Gabby wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
She looksbetter. I imagine she is happier with food in hertummy and someone actually caring for her!
I do knowI'm gonna have to find her her very own pet taxi to keep in her cagewith her, she just adores sleeping in the pet taxi now. But i reallylike the one she is sleeping it, it pops apart easy, has all it'speices, so i think i'll have to find her some cheap one that will dothe trick, shoot if it were yard sale time i could pick her up one thatwas missing a few parts.. she doesn't need the door..
They likehaving their own little retreat don't they? Bo has thatrubbermaid shelf box and he LOVES it. I have thought ofgetting him something a bit bigger, but I don't know if he'd like it asmuch. He licks his beddy bye, he chins it, he arranges hisblankies, he licks his puppy ..... it's so funny to watch him preparefor bed :)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
They like having their own little retreat don'tthey? Bo has that rubbermaid shelf box and he LOVESit. I have thought of getting him something a bit bigger, butI don't know if he'd like it as much. He licks his beddy bye,he chins it, he arranges his blankies, he licks his puppy ..... it's sofunny to watch him prepare for bed :)
Some my guys have "logcabins" but the opening is in the front..and i don't think the largestsize would be a comfortable fit for her, as it tends to really be morefor the 4lbs to 5 lbs rabbit size.. a couple ofmine have anextra litter box filled with hay that they use as a bed, and they knowthe difference, one is a potty one is a bed, but I think she woulddefently want something designed like a pet taxi...I pick her up pettaxi and all to clean her cage, set her on the floo she pops her headout far enough to nose me, then back in she goes and waits till i puther back in the cage, where apon she inspects my cleaning job LOL;)

Gabby wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
They likehaving their own little retreat don't they? Bo has thatrubbermaid shelf box and he LOVES it. I have thought ofgetting him something a bit bigger, but I don't know if he'd like it asmuch. He licks his beddy bye, he chins it, he arranges hisblankies, he licks his puppy ..... it's so funny to watch him preparefor bed :)
Some my guys have "log cabins" but the opening is inthe front..and i don't think the largest size would be a comfortablefit for her, as it tends to really be more for the 4lbs to 5 lbs rabbitsize.. a couple ofmine have an extra litter box filled withhay that they use as a bed, and they know the difference, one is apotty one is a bed, but I think she would defently want somethingdesigned like a pet taxi...I pick her up pet taxi and all to clean hercage, set her on the floo she pops her head out far enough to nose me,then back in she goes and waits till i put her back in the cage, whereapon she inspects my cleaning job LOL;)
Don't you love thoseinspections? :p

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Some my guys have "log cabins" but theopening is in the front..and i don't think the largest size would be acomfortable fit for her, as it tends to really be more for the 4lbs to5 lbs rabbit size.. a couple ofmine have an extra litter boxfilled with hay that they use as a bed, and they know the difference,one is a potty one is a bed, but I think she would defently wantsomething designed like a pet taxi...I pick her up pet taxi and all toclean her cage, set her on the floo she pops her head out far enough tonose me, then back in she goes and waits till i put her back in thecage, where apon she inspects my cleaning job LOL;)
Don't youlove those inspections? :p
LOL, it's cute,unless they decide you didn't put the litter box exactly correct andthey start moving it :Xother than that it's cute LOL.. gonnabe looking up some the grass mat stuff,, maybe the stuff sold by thefoot the corn hust stuff,.. because with daphnees hip she'llneed all the traction she can get, curently she is using some oldtowels..but i'd like a more "chew friendly" floor covering ;)

Latest posts

Back