Daphnee's Story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lissa wrote:
Howis Daphnee recoverying?
She's at the quiet time of her day, But I popped the top off her pet taxi which she is using as a house so i could feel her over, she is still nervous about being touched, if you touch her head and pet it she is happy even closes her eyes. if you touch her body on the sides at all she fences and makes squeaking noises of fear. however I do feel a wee bit of meat developing on her hips, it wasn't there before so a week of good food it starting to help, no changes on her ribs yet,but I'm sure getting back to her weight will take time. She had a bit of smooch poop today, on her floor.. but everything else is in her litter box like a good girl. Daphene thanks you for asking

So glad that she's doing well in recovery. What a strong bunny. :)

It's good to know she's doing well. I hope she picks up that weight she needs! Poor little girl. It just makes me sick to hear of such abuse :(

Bo B Bunny wrote:
It's good to know she's doing well. I hope she picks up that weight she needs! Poor little girl. It just makes me sick to hear of such abuse :(

I know, I can't hear stories about animals, kids or anybody being treated bad, just rips your heart out.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
It's good to know she's doing well. I hope shepicks up that weight she needs! Poor little girl.It just makes me sick to hear of such abuse :(
she's beenchowing down some more, she'll be packing on the lbs before we knowit.:)

Oh, dear! I hate it whenowners don't take good care of there rabbits. It just makes me angryinside :X

Gabby, it's so good to know she's eatingmore! Her little body probably didn't know how to handleplenty of good food!

How's the surgery site? Is it healing well?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Gabby, it's so good to know she's eating more! Herlittle body probably didn't know how to handle plenty of goodfood!

How's the surgery site? Is it healing well?
it looks good so far... swelling is minor, but there is alwayssome swelling, stitches look good, (knock on wood) it will be her onlysurgery she will have to undergo for her remainder of her life.. shetollerated my poking and proding earlier...she defently has a bunnytudeLOL She took off on me down the hallway earlier when it was med timeand was trying to dissapear into the pc room.. shame shame shame...

Oh, good! Do you have to put antibiotics on it or anything? She's probably got oral ones on board doesn't she?

So cute, she's already taking off to hide :) She seems to be comfy with you!

How are she and Promise doing? I think that Dog is a guardian angel, too.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Oh, good! Do you have to put antibiotics on it oranything? She's probably got oral ones on board doesn't she?

So cute, she's already taking off to hide :) She seems to be comfy with you!

How are she and Promise doing? I think that Dog is a guardian angel, too.
It was so deep into her face that the hole was filled withPenG and stitched up, the outside looks good, it's notknowing wht going on inside that could be the problem. She is onbaytril for her oral antibiotics, and metican for her pain. she was ona heavier pain med her first couple of days.

however new discovery..we have all been so concentrated on her face wenever stopped to see how she hops.. one hind foot curled under... it iseither dislocated or broken somewhere in the hip/knee reagon.. poorbaby, that would make a excelent reason why she hasn't likedto be touched on the side, or picked up... she still kicked me withthat foot when trying to do her meds, looks like we will be doing xraystomorrow.. feel like an idiot for missing this....but thenshe also had 2 vets look at her as well.. but they were looking more ather facetoo....

Oh jeez, just when we all thought she was well onthe road to recovery too. Let us know how the xrays turn out. That poorgirl, again, I am SO glad you rescued her. I am just so angry right nowthinking of those **insert word I can't type here but use yourimagination** people doing that to her. :X

Thanks for the compliment on the avatar, I love that picture of him, thinking of getting it printed up and framing it.

Oh boy :(

Someone I talked to recently had a bunny with a foot like that, or adog? I can't remember, but I think they left it the way it was....

Latest posts

Back