Daphnee's Story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poor bunny, its horrible when animals are not treated the right way. But I think with bunnies it happens more than with other animals because people usually know what to do with cats and dogs, but nobody ever heard anything about taking care of bunnies.
I got so many comments from people that bunnies should live in the forest.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Gabby, are you known as "the bunny lady" in your area? We had a lady who saved cats for a long time and she also would care for cats if you wanted her to board them while you were out of town. We called her "the cat lady" ...... We also had one of the "strange" cat ladies in our neighborhood LOL! You know the ones; 50 cats running all over and she's looking like a witch more and more each day? LOL!
um yeah I guess I have been labled as "the bunnylady".. because people I don't even know get my number from someone who knows i have rabbits or takes in rabbts and they call me..... I'm sure some do think me a Crazy rabbit lady just for the fact that I love rabbits LOL.. they understand cat ladies.. or rather expect cat ladies, rabbit ladies is something still forien....

One the vets asked me the day after i took Daphnee "Do you have sucker for rabbits written on your forehead?"... i said I must you wanna see??? LOL

I know what you mean Anna! I can't believe the questions I get about Bo. I had tons of questions myself and got him from a breeder! It was sort of busy and they didn't have time to explain it all I think.... but I didn't give Bo hay for about 10 days!

Thank goodness I went online to find out why he had soft poos!

Now I get the "doesn't he stink?", "does he pee all over?", "what fun can a rabbit be? They just sit in their cages don't they? most don't like to be held right?"

Bo has even gotten our cat to be more playful! He has been a wonderful addition to our family! :)

Stephanie wrote:
Oh my, I am SO glad that you have her now, Gabby. That is just awful what they let happen to that poor girl. Please keep us very up to date on this, I'm sure day by day things are going to change for her big time, for the better of course.

That poor bun bun.
day by day things will change for sure.. and hopefully all for the better. she was "talking to me" last night... a chirp ans a grunt.. I think I may have a talking rabbit here LOL She always chinned the pet taxi.... Me thinks she is starting to feel a wee bit better...

Meganc731 wrote:
Hi Gabby,

She's so pretty. She's is SO lucky she found you. You're a bunny angel
36_2_55.gif

Megan
aww that is a wonderful sentiment...thank you

Gabby wrote:
um yeah I guess I have been labled as "the bunny lady".. because people I don't even know get my number from someone who knows i have rabbits or takes in rabbts and they call me..... I'm sure some do thinkme a Crazy rabbit lady just for the fact that I love rabbits LOL.. they understand cat ladies.. or rather expect cat ladies, rabbit ladies is something still forien....

One the vets asked me the day after i took Daphnee "Do you have sucker for rabbits written on your forehead?"... i said I must you wanna see??? LOL

That's what I thought...... people call the "bunny lady" for help! You are the good kind of "animal" lady tho. You are the kind people call who have a problem, they call for a rescue,etc. You aren't the strange lady who eats the cat food with her cats LOL!

Are you? LMAO! j/k

AnnaS wrote:
poor bunny, its horrible when animals are not treated the right way. But I think with bunnies it happens more than with other animals because people usually know what to do with cats and dogs, but nobody ever heard anything about taking care of bunnies.
I got so many comments from people that bunnies should live in the forest.
you do hear far more about cat and dog care, but there are still those even who are totally ignorant.. i think they must live with their head in the sand because some of their care is so out there and everywhere you turn...

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I know what you mean Anna! I can't believe the questions I get about Bo. I had tons of questions myself and got him from a breeder! It was sort of busy and they didn't have time to explain it all I think.... but I didn't give Bo hay for about 10 days!

Now I get the "doesn't he stink?", "does he pee all over?", "what fun can a rabbit be? They just sit in their cages don't they? most don't like to be held right?"

Bo has even gotten our cat to be more playful! He has been a wonderful addition to our family! :)
my husband use to work with a guy who's wife had rabbits as a kid" it was her job to clean them in the makeshift shed, and they didn't get interaction, therefor they were ot friendly and she swaers"you can never convince me rabbits have a personality" i said what ever suite yourself, you are the one missing out... :p

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Gabby wrote:
um yeah I guess I have been labled as "the bunny lady".. because people I don't even know get my number from someone who knows i have rabbits or takes in rabbts and they call me..... I'm sure some do think me a Crazy rabbit lady just for the fact that I love rabbits LOL.. they understand cat ladies.. or rather expect cat ladies, rabbit ladies is something still forien....

That's what I thought...... people call the "bunny lady" for help! You are the good kind of "animal" lady tho. You are the kind people call who have a problem, they call for a rescue,etc. You aren't the strange lady who eats the cat food with her cats LOL!

Are you? LMAO! j/k

hey i'll have you know I enjoy Romaine on my sandwiches, and I like carrots and dip.. is it a crimeto actually like cooked dandilion greens??? hmm I ask you now??? LMAO

OMG! I can't believe that! Bo is so friendly! He's also got a great personality! He is obvious in his "playing" mean and things. I have also seen him"think"about something...... Lexi was holding him just yesterday and he wanted me. So, hesquirmed and then suddenly stopped. He reached down and just pinched her with his teeth on her arm LOL! You could just "see" his idea come to his mind!

Most animals have personalities!

Even fish for goodness sake! Our sharks: One is very friendly and comes up for feed and makes little bubble noises for us.The other one is less friendly, and hides until we close the top of the aquarium after we feed .. then he comes up to eat!

Our dove, she loves to have someone push her on her swing and will make noise until someone sees her on it if we aren't watching and she decides she wants pushed! LOL She'll swing herself, but there are times she wants us to do it for her!

Well, ok, if she feeds the cats Chicken of the Sea it's ok, but if she's chowing on 9 Lives..... I'm gonna worry! :p

My kids saw me using romaine (which I love) on a sandwhich ..... they had never seen me use romaine other than for Bo.They both said "OH, MOM! that's gross!" lol!

Bo B Bunny wrote:

yeah I know exactly what you are talking about. Most of questions come from my relatives too. I am only glad that my parents are very understanding and like our bunny. My in laws is a whole different story.

Oh, yeah, my inlaws think the bunny belongs outside!

My mom loves Bo. She saw him right when we got him and went with him to WAKE my dad to see him LOL! He liked him too. :)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Oh, yeah, my inlaws think the bunny belongs outside!

My mom loves Bo. She saw him right when we got him and went with him to WAKE my dad to see him LOL! He liked him too. :)
:) oh I am so happy I am not the only one.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
OMG! I can't believe that! Bo is so friendly! He's also got a great personality! He is obvious in his "playing"mean and things. I have also seen him "think"about something...... Lexi was holding him just yesterday and he wanted me. So, hesquirmed and then suddenly stopped. He reached down and just pinched her with his teeth on her arm LOL! You could just "see" his idea come to his mind!
Most animals have personalities!
Even fish for goodness sake! Our sharks: One is very friendly and comes up for feed and makes little bubble noises for us.The other one is less friendly, and hides until we close the top of the aquarium after we feed .. then he comes up to eat!
Our dove, she loves to have someone push her on her swing and will make noise until someone sees her on it if we aren't watching and she decides she wants pushed! LOL She'll swing herself, but there are times she wants us to do it for her!
i tell people, i'm sure even snails have a personality once you get to know them.. Hubby has fish, and yeah each one has it's own personality,my fave just passed away, they contracted a fungus, all cleared up now, the medicine even mannaged to clear up one we thought for sure was a goner... hapy happy fish now...

Oh and the birds squak like crazy when they see" their daddy pull int the driveway"

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Well, ok, if she feeds the cats Chicken of the Sea it's ok, but if she's chowing on 9 Lives..... I'm gonna worry! :p

My kids saw me using romaine (which I love) on a sandwhich ..... they had never seen me use romaine other than for Bo.They both said "OH, MOM! that's gross!" lol!
LMAO...no carrot sticks for the kids??? LOL

Gabby wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
Well, ok, if she feeds the cats Chicken of the Sea it's ok, but if she's chowing on9 Lives..... I'm gonna worry! :p

My kids saw me using romaine (which I love) on a sandwhich ..... they had never seen me use romaine other than for Bo. They both said "OH,MOM! that's gross!" lol!

LOL I wonder what they think if you gives them raisins or bananas.

Gabby wrote:
....... rabbit running free.. Any tips from anyone how to catch a rabbit who I guess has been roaming a neighborhood freely fo ay least 6 months???? not sure it will be possible, but I'll call back....

Don't Know if anyone replied yet, you could try getting a wire cage, or something like that, place it outside, put some pellets and hay in it,get the rabbit to go in it. Once the rabbit has gone in it a few times,you could attach a string to the door of the cage, and bring it into your house, watch and see what time the rabbit is at the cage. then pull the door shut when rabbit is in the cage. Worked for me:)Happy trying, Hannah

AnnaS wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
Well, ok, if she feeds the cats Chicken of the Sea it's ok, but if she's chowing on9 Lives..... I'm gonna worry! :p

My kids saw me using romaine (which I love) on a sandwhich ..... they had never seen me use romaine other than for Bo. They both said "OH,MOM! that's gross!" lol!

LOL I wonder what they think if you gives them raisins or bananas.
Oh, no, my daughter will "share" her carrots and bananawith Bo, but I was gross for eating bunny greens...... until I explained it's people food as well LOL! They were used to iceberg(yuck) lettuce!

They would say gross to the raisins unless they are chocolate covered! LOL!

Latest posts

Back