Daphnee's Story

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Gabby, Jan 18, 2005.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating:

1. Jan 22, 2005 #81

Gabby

Gabby

Gabby

Stephanie wrote:
    i think we are all feeling a little sheepish,, the vet saysfrom the xray it looks as though it's been dislocated for a while,unsure how long...but her right balljoint of the hip was completelydislocated. They said since it has been out for a while they are notsure if it will stay, but we sedated her and put it back in, but itdoesn't sit fully into the socket. It is taped into place,and she is staying at the office for a few days because the vet didn'twant her to travel untill we know if it will hold in place... THe sagacontinues... And I feel like an idiot for not even noticing...Guess Inever thought a bunny who could kick me so well could possibly have adislocated hip... At least her pelvis isn't broken.

2. Jan 22, 2005 #82

Bo B Bunny

Bo B Bunny

Bo B Bunny

Well, with that tumor on her face, I'm sure it wasn't something that caught your eyes.

I'm glad you are trying to get her hip in place. That's just...... What the heck happened???

Those things make me want to contact the ASPCA.... I mean.... how abused and neglected was this baby? ya know?

3. Jan 22, 2005 #83

Gabby

Gabby

Gabby

Bo B Bunny wrote:
    wE could leave it, but it is disabling..She has greatcontrol on rugs and towels, hops in and out of the litter box justfine..but when she tries to hop on smooth floor forget it....The vet istalking that if it does not stay in place to remove the ball joint ofthe femur

4. Jan 22, 2005 #84

Gabby

Gabby

Gabby

Bo B Bunny wrote:
    it's like one those things we keep finding something new, likenot being able to find the bottom of the barrel.. good grief charliebrown, just what the ____ did happen to her? i fel like i just opened acan of worms......

5. Jan 22, 2005 #85

Bo B Bunny

Bo B Bunny

Bo B Bunny

Gabby wrote:
    Yeah, it's good she's getting a chance... it's just very sad that her condition is so poor.

She seems like a fighter and a good girl.

6. Jan 22, 2005 #86

LuvaBun

LuvaBun

LuvaBun

Poor little Daphnee - no wonder the people yougot her from left as soon as they did. She must be counting herblessings to be away from them and with you now. I hope her hip managesto stay in place, but I guess it depends how long it has been likethat. Give her a hug - and my Brice too :D- Jan

7. Jan 23, 2005 #87

Gabby

Gabby

Gabby

Bo B Bunny wrote:
    she is a fighter for sure. i'm just shaking my head ...

8. Jan 23, 2005 #88

Gabby

Gabby

Gabby

LuvaBun wrote:
    wittle man brice with be excited to hear you are thinking of him ;)

she couldn't get into the pet taxi fast enough today. I hrld it up tothe kennel door and in she goes.. She was very upset we hadn't givenher a litter box last night, but she was still a bit drugged,and a little drugged with a taped up back leg doesn't go overwell. the angel she is didn't go potty AT ALL over night and she waiteduntill i gave her a litter box this morning.. she hopped in and"flooded" the box. poor darling. She had tossed hay into her water overnight, but thankfully hadn't tipped it over.. She did however mannageto get her foot out of her "bandage" but prayers, fingerscrossed and any other good luck she can get. Her hip is still in placewe xrayed it to be sure.... if it stays 2 weeks we should be ok *knockon wood* so she is on extreamly limited activity.. *PAWSCROSSED*

9. Jan 23, 2005 #89

Bo B Bunny

Bo B Bunny

Bo B Bunny

Gabby wrote:
    OMG!!!!! What a darling little girl! How could anyone be so careless about such a sweet thing???

It just breaks my heart.

10. Jan 23, 2005 #90

Gabby

Gabby

Gabby

Bo B Bunny wrote:
    i don't know she has a bunnytude, but at the same time she is sweeter than you could imagine...

11. Jan 23, 2005 #91

Gabby

Gabby

Gabby

fur is growing back..look look she looks a we bit happier too

12. Jan 23, 2005 #92

Bo B Bunny

Bo B Bunny

Bo B Bunny

She looks better. I imagine sheis happier with food in her tummy and someone actually caringfor her!

13. Jan 23, 2005 #93

ariel

ariel

ariel

You'll probably find this Bun will love you forever and a day, like I said earlier animals know when someone genuinly(sp) loves and cares for them. Hearing your tale really helps torestore my faith in people.

Yes it makes me very angry that people abuse animals and humans, but itsure makes me heave a huge sigh of relief that there are people whostill care enough to help.

Good luck and I'm sure with you on her side she'll do great :D

14. Jan 23, 2005 #94

Gabby

Gabby

Gabby

Bo B Bunny wrote:
    I do know I'm gonna have to find her her very own pet taxi tokeep in her cage with her, she just adores sleeping in the pet taxinow. But i really like the one she is sleeping it, it pops apart easy,has all it's peices, so i think i'll have to find her some cheap onethat will do the trick, shoot if it were yard sale time i could pickher up one that was missing a few parts.. she doesn't need the door..

15. Jan 23, 2005 #95

Gabby

Gabby

Gabby

ariel wrote:
    I'm glad someone faith is being restored, because for mehaving come accross her just brings disapointment in people. Grantedthey were trying to rehome her but at what cost to her?What if somebrand new bunny person took them at faith she was perfectlyhealthy...Thay HAD to have known something at least wasn't right withher, right? And to just say oh yeah she a very old rabbit, litter boxtrained but healthy??? come on...

16. Jan 23, 2005 #96

Bo B Bunny

Bo B Bunny

Bo B Bunny

Gabby wrote:
    They likehaving their own little retreat don't they? Bo has thatrubbermaid shelf box and he LOVES it. I have thought ofgetting him something a bit bigger, but I don't know if he'd like it asmuch. He licks his beddy bye, he chins it, he arranges hisblankies, he licks his puppy ..... it's so funny to watch him preparefor bed :)

17. Jan 23, 2005 #97

Gabby

Gabby

Gabby

Bo B Bunny wrote:
    Some my guys have "logcabins" but the opening is in the front..and i don't think the largestsize would be a comfortable fit for her, as it tends to really be morefor the 4lbs to 5 lbs rabbit size.. a couple ofmine have anextra litter box filled with hay that they use as a bed, and they knowthe difference, one is a potty one is a bed, but I think she woulddefently want something designed like a pet taxi...I pick her up pettaxi and all to clean her cage, set her on the floo she pops her headout far enough to nose me, then back in she goes and waits till i puther back in the cage, where apon she inspects my cleaning job LOL;)

18. Jan 23, 2005 #98

Bo B Bunny

Bo B Bunny

Bo B Bunny

Gabby wrote:
    Don't you love thoseinspections? :p

19. Jan 23, 2005 #99

Gabby

Gabby

Gabby

Bo B Bunny wrote:
    LOL, it's cute,unless they decide you didn't put the litter box exactly correct andthey start moving it :Xother than that it's cute LOL.. gonnabe looking up some the grass mat stuff,, maybe the stuff sold by thefoot the corn hust stuff,.. because with daphnees hip she'llneed all the traction she can get, curently she is using some oldtowels..but i'd like a more "chew friendly" floor covering ;)

20. Jan 24, 2005 #100

Bo B Bunny

Bo B Bunny

Bo B Bunny