Daenerys's Bunny Blog, Reptile House

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few more updates!!!

Since Tatzu, my bearded dragon, died, Brandon decided we should try with another one. Brandon used to have two beardies back when he had his job at the NC Museum of Natural Sciences but then they cut out a lot of their employees, including him, so he couldn't afford them anymore. He had been missing his two and since I lost mine we decided to split the cost of a new one. So, here is the new guy! He is a Hypo pastel x Leucistic. We named him Zedd after a character in one of our favorite book series. :p

Zedd2.jpg

Zedd1.jpg

Zedd3.jpg

Zedd4.jpg

Zedd5.jpg

And we also got a new snake, a baby black rat snake het for white-sided and rusty! This guy was a snake someone got as a replacement snake when their corn snake died, but was too nippy for their liking. He strikes when you first try and pick him up as a defensive reaction, but he calms right down once he is actually being held. I named him Sebastian. Pics:

Sebastian1.jpg

Sebastian2.jpg

Sebastian3.jpg

Thanks :) But they are both in Raleigh whereas I am in Charlotte for the summer, so I can only give you more pictures if Brandon decides to take more. =/

All of my pets are babies, I just realized this. I can't wait until they all grow up!! :D

However I will give you some updated pictures of my buns shortly :)

[align=center]GREAT NEWS!!!!
[/align]
Brandon's corn snake, Aphrodite, laid her eggs today!!! She laid 12, and all look healthy, no slugs. They should hatch early to mid August so that means I should be there to witness it!!! I am SO excited!!! Pictures soon! :D

Oh, and here is mommy:

DSC_0286.jpg

And this isn't daddy, but he looks just like this:

amel4.jpg

Mom is a normal motley het amel, and dad is an amel with unknown hets, so we could get normals and amels het motley, or if dad has something funky in his background we may get something else. :p

EGG PICTURES!!!

32543_413789250856_671460856_4912275_370953_n.jpg

32543_413789295856_671460856_4912278_767524_n.jpg

In the process of laying

32543_413789310856_671460856_4912279_1298918_n.jpg

All the eggs taken out to be incubated (the marks show what side is up...if they roll at all the babies die.)

So do I!

The eggs are snug and warm and humid in their incubation tub now. Lets see if I can stand to wait the 8 weeks until hatch time...I am so impatient lol.

So, I've been really really bored so far this summer and I've been entertaining myself by coming up with names for future kids. I've chosen these names as my top favorites:

Girl:
Verity Sage
Felicity Rose

Boy:
Liam River
Roran Asher

What do you guys think?

Daenerys wrote:
So, I've been really really bored so far this summer and I've been entertaining myself by coming up with names for future kids. I've chosen these names as my top favorites:

Girl:
Verity Sage
Felicity Rose

Boy:
Liam River
Roran Asher

What do you guys think?

From My blog

JadeIcing wrote:
New viper geckos will be... Quinn Mallory and Madison Sage.
So as you can see I like Sage! I like the names my faves being Felicity Rose and Roran Asher.

I love your pets :) Reptiles fascinate me although I've only owned tortoises and I've watched a Leopard Gecko for someone. I'm not sure I will ever actually own a snake but I love learning about them and think they're amazing creatures. My boyfriend wants them though, in fact he and his dad have an Iguana because his mom won't let them have a snake, so I will probably end up giving in haha

I am also going to the Repticon in Columbia in a few weeks :) I am not able to make it on Saturday because of work, have you noticed less vendors on Sunday? I'm just worried about that :(

Tori

Usually for shows, Saturday is the day with the most options as far as types of animals available, but Sunday usually has the better prices. So Sunday is not a bad day to go so long as you're not too particular about the animal you want. Sunday is the day for whats left over from Saturday, and discounted prices. And while I do say "left over", there are still PLENTY of things to look at and choose from. Just not as much as Saturday :p

Hahah, yes definitely :) I don't want to go to buy any more animals, just food. I want to bring my dad along as a deterrent because every other time I've said "Oh I'm not buying any more animals!" I've come home with at least one XD The first time it was Bella and Norbert, the second time Veil. My dad would make me keep my word.

Best night EVER!!! I has a SPARKLY!!!

So Brandon came to visit me in Charlotte this weekend and we went to the Charlotte Symphony concert around the corner from my house!

Here is us:

DSC_0015.jpg

Brandon looking all cute and cuddly

DSC_0007.jpg

Awkward picture of me eating an ice pop...because Brandon felt the need to only take pictures of me when I was doing that

DSC_0033.jpg

MY SPARKLY!!!! *squee!*

So, I really really hate to be saying this....but I am seriously considering rehoming my rabbits. They are just too much work for me right now and I have other things I need to be focusing on and while I really really love my buns, I should not have them distracting me from whats more important right now. :(

Latest posts

Back