Cystic mass, possible thymoma

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Three years ago, one of my bunnies was diagnosed with thymoma. His "wife" developed sneezes about the same time, which continued on and off through various antibiotics since then. When she developed more severe breathing difficulties a few weeks ago, I had her chest xrayed and they discovered a mass and lots of cystic (fluid-filled) pockets in her chest. They removed some of the fluid, which gave her a little breathing relief. She has also had a nasal obstruction in her left nostril which they have been unable to identify as a foreign object, abscess, or other, so her left nasal passage isn't getting much air.

She is currently on bicillin injections every two days, oral baytril 2x a day, supplementary feeding with Critical Care, metacam every few days, meclizine as needed, saline nebulization and oxygen when she gets very congested.

I have read on here about other bunnies doing well on diuretics or prednisolone, and would like to hear any experiences and more specific information anyone has about those options.

Latest posts

Back