Curious if serious

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krissa

Reaction score
I was doing a toe nail trim last night:)shock:torture to the bunnies) and while I had everyoneupside down I decided to check all their male and female parts to makesure all was well. Frodo (neutuered last summer, male) had what lookedlike black tissue between his legs. It was right along each side of hispenis (sorry) where his balls were. I thought the tissue could possiblybe what was left of his balls, it was very hard to see and close to thebody so I was really digging to look at it (I was doing a very goodinspection. ) So I got out my other male Gandalf who was neutered amonth later, he had the same black tissue along side of his penis, onlyhe had more of it.

Neither rabbit was in pain when lightly touched in the area, nor wasthere a smell that might indicate necrotic tissue, and no dischargefrom the penis. Both are acting normal, binkies, eating, being bossy :D.

So I'm wondering, could anyone else check their male bunnies for me tosee if they too have this tissue that have been neutered in the lastyear? Is this normal? And the most important question of them all - doI visit the vet when I get home from work?

Thanks, Ill have a look again and try to cleanit out and see what that doeswhen I get home (poor bunnieshave to be upside down again!) I hope that is all it is, don't want mybabies to be sick.

It's hard to guess without actually seeing it,but it sounds like you are referring to the scrotal sacs (whichpreviously held the testicles). The folds of skinthatmay be leftare sometimes pigmented dark/black.

Pam

I was thinking it may be the scrotal sacs, Iremeber checking the bunnies after their neuter and the sacs were justlymp and empty and I noticed them getting smaller over time, I'm gladto hear they are noramally that color after time, I'll still give thearea a good clean with some baby oil though.

Krissa wrote:
I'm glad to hear they are noramally thatcolor after time,

It's also not unusual for the scrotal sacs to bedarkincolor and sometimesappear shriveled in bucks thatare not neutered.

Pam

Latest posts

Back