Crossing a broken to a charlie?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Charlie to a solid will give you all brokens as well. I broke it down for you below.

SOLID(en) x SOLID(en)= 100% SOLIDS

2. SOLIDE(en) x BROKEN(Enen)= 50% SOLIDS & 50% BROKENS

3. BROKEN(Enen) X BROKEN(Enen) = 50% BROKENS, 25% SOLIDS, & 25% CHARLIES

4. CHARLIE(EnEn) x CHARLIE(EnEn)= 100% CHARLIES

5. CHARLIE(EnEn) x SOLID(en)= 100% BROKENS

6. CHARLIE(EnEn) x BROKEN(Enen)= 50% CHARLIES & 50% BROKENS

Wow, with my English Spots I must have hit the jackpot, I had one solid doe (Chocolate) that I bred to my chocolate show marked buck and ended up with 100% show marked every time!

I bred my Charlie buck to a broken got Charlie and a rew, And Charlie to solid and got a nice broken and 2 blacks.

mistyjr wrote:
I bred my Charlie buck to a broken got Charlie and a rew, And Charlie to solid and got a nice broken and 2 blacks.
Rews can be genetically broken. two solid blacks out of that pairing is genetically impossible. You have a false charlie

SNM wrote:
mistyjr wrote:
Rews can be genetically broken. two solid blacks out of that pairing is genetically impossible. You have a false charlie
Thank you - I was trying to figure out the best way to say that.

If you had a true Charlie - it can ONLY give you broken offspring (or charlies if bred to a broken) because it ONLY has the broken gene to give to its offspring....and you can't "hide" that gene other than behind a REW ...(not sure about a BEW)..

The REW thing is new to me, I didn't know for a while that REWS could be genetically broken until a saw a pairing between that REW and another color and broken babies popped up. Those tricky REWS

Latest posts

Back