Cross country travel with rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

addy

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 12 hour drive from New Jersey to Illinois in a month with my bunny. Of course she's coming with me! I booked an Airbnb halfway in Ohio that is fine with her. I've moved from Washington DC to New Jersey without any problems. It has been several months since she was last in the car. But last time, she was even munching hay in the car - wow! I didn't syringe her or do anything special; just hay in the hard carrier layered with towels. With a two hour difference, is that okay to just do the same drill?

Hopefully when I stop in Ohio for overnight stay, she'll have plenty of time to eat, drink, pee, and poo. I plan to bring the Xpen since the Airbnb host wanted that, although I'm staying in a separate building by her (haha maybe I could sneak free roaming sessions; she is a free roamer here now).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

You shouldn't have any problems. X-pens make great overnight pens (your host probably doesn't want your bunny chewing baseboards or anything while you're sleeping). If you're driving during the day, rabbits sleep most of the day anyway so being stuck in a car for hours never seems to bother them, they just munch or sleep. We've moved/traveled with rabbits a few times and never had any issues.

Latest posts

Back