Critiques on my Mini lops please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shayhara

Reaction score
I know these are not great mini lops, what I want to know is what about them is fair, good, great, terrible, bad, or faults.
Here they are. I tried to include at least one posed picture of each rabbit.

Bucks
Alex
AlexMinilopbuck-1.jpg

Wall-E
WallE4montholdbrokenblackbuck-1.jpg

WALLE4monthsold.jpg

Horatio (yes his color is a DQ, martinized pointed white) but give me your opinions on his body/head/crown/type etc.
AlexNNinjasbuck-1.jpg

Does
Ninja
keeperdoewithmommy-1.jpg

Eva
EvelinaMinilopdoe-1.jpg

SmithsEVA2011.jpg

N1
minilopkits5wksall-1.jpg

N2 (Chrissy)
minilopkits9wksbrkagoutidoe-1.jpg

minilopkits9weekskit3chetunutagoutidoetop.jpg

Thanks in advance. I am just trying to get others opinions on where my strengths and weaknesses are. I want to know who is the best and worst of who I have now. So I know what to add later.

Thanks Pam, that was a great article! I'm not a breeder, but now I understand better the comments I have read. I know it is a miss mark, but I adore the tiny duchy marked bun you have a photo of in your article. :inlove:

Totally based on cuteness factor, I love Wall-E. What kissable ears! *squee!*

Thanks for posting that link. I had found that the night before but forgot to bookmark it and couldn't seem to find it again. I really like the pictures, I guess its just hard for me to see it for sure on mine. As I am still not positive what I am looking at, its hard to know if I am right or not.

I Just found my camera, but my battery was dead, charged it today so I will try to get some better pictures sometime in the next couple days.

I was really looking at Eva when I was brushing her the other day and she seems to have a good crown, but her neck?? Shoulder??? seems to low for to long. But I am not sure what that would be called? She seems to have an okay hindquarter, though she doesn't seem very wide. She is longer then she is wide.

Wall -E was the other one I had out that day, with him I noticed he holds himself up. It is hard to get him to stack right, he doesn't like to put his head down. He also doesn't seem to have a great shoulder. His head is also kind of flat. However he has a good hindquarter.

There are some things from these pictures that would cause me to cull them.

They all have very narrow heads... Very Very narrow heads....

The pointed white is martinized. This is a genetic nightmare and should never be bred.

The broken black is hollow enough to cause his hips to stick out badly.

They are narrow through out, and look to be long in body over all.

Personally, I would sell the lot and start over.

Sorry if that sounds rough, but I am trying to be honest with you.

I would find some really nice brood does, and the best buck you can afford.

Latest posts

Back