Critically Threatened; Look!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I had no idea some of these breeds were at risk in this way. I can understand registration being low but global population too. So unfortunate. I can only hope awareness of this helps.

I knew about the Silver Fox. Shame, lots of mixing into this breed has really hurt it.

Agree, awareness is needed.

K:)

Noticed that Belgian Hares are actually pretty high on that list... And we had ours neutered (For medical reasons, though). Just had our Belgian Hare x Tan neutered last Tuesday as well.

I would love to see pictures of your BH x Tan mix! Not to hijack the thread...but that has to be one cool looking bunny!

Jabber doesn't have the tan coloring, unfortuanatly, but he does have more of a tan size and a tan face, as well as the energy of a tan,

39442_1687040252333_1127468202_31825948_2847957_n.jpg

The breeder I got him from, however, does have Belgian Hares with the tan coloring, they are quite amazing!

16859_1169423641831_1815405_n.jpg

Aw jabber :) i love his crazy antics lol and i can see some lines of where a tans fiery red belly color should be. I love the black and tan belgians i wish we had more space. I would raise and show belgians.

So very cool! Is the breeder in Canada, too?

I thought if I was going to breed I would choose standard Rexes because they are so uncommon around my area, but if I ever do start a rabbitry maybe I should find one of the above breeds.

There's someone always posting Beveren crosses on Craigslist near me. I think they are Dutch crossed. Maybe I should email them this link about the breeds needing help.

I love American Chinchillas. That is what my first house rabbit was back in the 80s. I was told she was dwarf but she kept growing! I was a kid and didn't know better. Cosette was the best bun.

Seems most of those buns fall under meat rabbit. Their bigger breeds too, im guessing their just not as common due to low desire. Id love a lilac but only found breeders in cali a few years ago

The breeder I got Jabberwocky and Peace from is in Illonois, we had to wait for the breeder convention and have an acquantance of ours drive them back for us, it was quite the trek for them!

There is a breeder of Belgian Hares just starting up in Saskatchewan as well, she got them from a breeder in North and South Dakota (I can't remember which).

Wow...Some of those breeds surprised me! I knew about the American and Lilac though.

The Tan Belgian Hares are so cool looking! :)

Latest posts

Back