Critical Care Feeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mazzie

Reaction score
Help! My poor Bun just had her molars filed so we're having to give her critical care with a syringe. How much is enough and what is too much? She's almost 2 lbs. It was looking like she was liking it and now won't touch it. Hoping she's full, but it looked like we got more on me and the towel than in her mouth. Any advice would be so appreciated. Worried.
Thanks

The video show how to feed with a syringe to your bunny. Myself often go after how the stomach feel like, if it feel full/ bloated your bunny have gotten food in it. I think my bunny can get 1-3 ml, but it’s supposed to be 5 ml into his stomach. He weight under 2 pounds but he’s a struggle to feed.

You can soak pellets and lay it in a bowl, it will be easier to eat and you bunny might eat on her own. It’s better for her to eat on her own than force feeding, at least worth a try.

The video show how to feed with a syringe to your bunny. Myself often go after how the stomach feel like, if it feel full/ bloated your bunny have gotten food in it. I think my bunny can get 1-3 ml, but it’s supposed to be 5 ml into his stomach. He weight under 2 pounds but he’s a struggle to feed.

You can soak pellets and lay it in a bowl, it will be easier to eat and you bunny might eat on her own. It’s better for her to eat on her own than force feeding, at least worth a try.

Thank you so much! Very helpful. She is now eating on her own and doing really well. :)

Latest posts

Back