Crazy Bunny Lady

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abby Kyhos

Reaction score
I now have 4 rabbits. It all started with 1 rabbit, then he needed a friend. Then because I had bunnies, someone who knew me, who knew someone else that was giving up a bunny asked me if I wanted a third...why not?! Right? Well so now I have 2 males and a female but I can't bond them until the new male is fixed. So what does he need, a friend! I ended up finding a female bunny on craigslist who was neglected. She had such long toenails, they were curling (I cried, but don't worry they are cut now). So once my 3rd bunny gets fixed he will get introduced to the new rabbit and then maybe bond the 2 to the other 2. Does this now define crazy bunny lady?! I think so. The secret here is that I couldn't be happier. They have binking makes me laugh on my bad days, and even when I accidentally scare them, they still make my day. Check out my bunnies:
Chloe - not sure if she is an American or New Zealand
Moe - Polish/Mix with his little mustache

Louie - Mini Rex
Georgia - Norwegian Dwarf

Does anyone else have more rabbits? I still need to bond all 4 but I am waiting for Louie to be fixed to bond him with Georgia, then possibly bond all 4

Attachments

• 20200720_191239 - Copy.jpg
    20200720_191239 - Copy.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200815_190001.jpg
    20200815_190001.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200705_171434.jpg
    20200705_171434.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200708_190213.jpg
    20200708_190213.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 10
You have a really cute bunch of bunnies 💕. Myself have put a limit to only have 3 bunnies in the house. Otherwise I would be going haywire, right now it’s only two because my girl past away a few months ago. But I’m waiting to get a new girl in the family.

Bunnies are truly great pets and myself can say I’m crazy when it comes to them.

My two neutered boys:

Attachments

• A9D60922-D169-481F-AF4B-C2E51E88523D.jpeg
    A9D60922-D169-481F-AF4B-C2E51E88523D.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 0C1C3CAC-7E2B-45F7-A30B-9051E1AEB0CC.jpeg
    0C1C3CAC-7E2B-45F7-A30B-9051E1AEB0CC.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 11
I actually find it easier bonding more rabbits at once than bonding two and two and then bonding all together. When you introduce two pairs their bond will probably break and they will be re establishing dominance all again. So i would just keep them all separately until they are all neutered and plus 2 months after that, then would do it in a neutral territory.

Hermelin - your bunnies are so cute! I am sorry to hear about your girl though :( I can't imagine what it would be like to lose one of them. Do you have a new girl picked out, or are you just looking right now? Good luck with all of it! Keep me posted, I would love to hear more about it.

Zuppa - That is really good advice and I sincerely appreciate it! I already knew the neutral territory, but that makes sense about just keeping them separated then bonding them all together. That was my plan anyways if I bond them all together, but it's nice to get the confirmation. I might just bond the 2 and 2 and keep them separate, we will see I want to see what Georgia is like now that she is coming out of her shell and what Louie will be like after surgery tomorrow!

I also just realized I said I said Norwegian dwarf instead of Netherland Dwarf! Don't know why I keep doing that!

Your buns are so adorable! I myself only have one fur baby. I would really like to get her a friend, but right now I don't have enough room to have another.

Attachments

• Trixie.jpg
    Trixie.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 3
Well hopefully you can find room! I had to build a cage that doubled as an entertainment center which works out well. Its 8ft long. Plenty of room for them to run when they are in the cage. Plus it looks nice.

Attachments

• 20200516_115351.jpg
    20200516_115351.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 11
@Abby Kyhos I’m waiting on the breeder to write back, so I can pick up a belgian hare girl. I’ve always wanted to have a flemish giant or belgian hare.

So right now I’m just waiting until the kits get marked and the breeder have written the pedigree. This will be my first pedigree bunny myself get right from a breeder. So I look forward to get a cute belgian hare 😊

If I get a 4th bunny I might be getting a swedish breed (mellerudskanin or gotlands kanin). Just to support the breeders that try to keep the breeds alive.

I am a little late to responding @Hermelin! But update us with pictures I am excited to see your new bunny (If you get her - hopefully you do).

@Abby Kyhos, Your bunnies are so cute! 😍 I don't know how many times I looked at the pictures you shared! Good luck with bonding! My dream is to have as many rabbits as possible all bonded, but I don't know if that will ever happen! 😂

Also, I love Moe's markings! The mustache is adorable! He looks like he might have some Mini Rex or Chinchilla in him.

Latest posts

Back