crate size for 2 flemish

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedogs

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm heading to the breeder tomorrow to pick up our grey flemish buck and am still considering getting a litter mate buck. What size crate would these 2 boys need?
I just built a nic cage that is 2 panels by 4 panels by 3 panels tall. Each panel is 14". I have the space to go bigger and I'm sure ill need to soon!

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

That's smaller than the cage for my 7lb bun and I still consider it too small. You need to make a lot bigger cage for your flemmie. And I would suggest making 2 separate cages till you neuter them.

I agree that if you buy two you should definitely have the option of two large spaces so that if they fight, you can easily separate them.

Do you intend to get them neutered and rebond back together?

As for the size, that's the size I have my nethies in and they are roughly 1.5kg. It's fine to start off with, especially if you need to litter train them, but ideally they need a far bigger space than that.

Please PLEASE remember to take pictures and post them :D I can't wait to see your new bun/s.

We just got home with 2 buns! Ill be posting pics soon. We do plan on separating them and rebonding after their neuters. We have a large great dane crate we plan on using while they're apart. We will be keeping a close eye on them and neutering as soon as possible.

I have enough nic sections to almost double the size of the crate, which I'm excited for. I just want them to be litter trained first!

Pics soon!! Thanks for the advice :)

Latest posts

Back