~Craigslist thread: what are you looking at?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombiesue

Reaction score
Am I the only one that routinely browses craigslist for animals? I can't be. Even when I don't want an animal, I like to look :) I can't be the only one, right?

Post your latest finds on craigslist--the rabbit you want but can't have (or maybe are giving serious consideration to!), a cool hutch, something funny, etc, just warn me if it's going to be sad or graphic.

Right now I'm looking at this: http://desmoines.craigslist.org/pet/4229495104.html

Lol why don't you pesky breeders come 150 miles to sell me a $25 rabbit!? Some people.

I don't have one to post, just had to comment.

Lol why don't you pesky breeders come 150 miles to sell me a $25 rabbit!? Some people.

He doesn't want to spend $60 on gas for a $25 rabbit!! He will be in for a rude awakening if he thinks that would be his biggest expense owning a rabbit!!

I looked at Craig's list pets for sale for a while, but ever since I got my third rabbit, I've been pretty busy just taking care of the three I have and know I can't handle any more. I still sometimes check Petfinder, but not seriously.

Hahaha that's a good one.

What I would suggest you do if you want this thread to run, you can link the post if you want, however odds are the post will disappear. So copy and paste the add into a quote box, and edit out phone numbers and emails. Keeps is private on here (if somebody clicks the link fine that's another site). But it lets us still read what people are commenting on even after the ad is deleted from craigslist.

Am I the only one that routinely browses craigslist for animals? I can't be. Even when I don't want an animal, I like to look :) I can't be the only one, right?

Post your latest finds on craigslist--the rabbit you want but can't have (or maybe are giving serious consideration to!), a cool hutch, something funny, etc, just warn me if it's going to be sad or graphic.

Right now I'm looking at this: http://desmoines.craigslist.org/pet/4229495104.html

At Watermelons' suggestion, here's the listing being linked to:
WTB Lop Bunny/Rabbit (Des Moines)

Anyone want to sell me a Lop bunny... Please.... I live in Des Moines if you want to meet me just name the time and day... I just don't want to have to drive 150+ miles... So if your ever headed this way can you cut me some slack and bring me a bunny... [phone number removed]...If I don't answer please leave a message and I'll call you back..
I don't get it... I know at least 4 people that want a lop rabbit in Des Moines... We all have the same problem...none of they's "rabbit breeders" ever seem to leave there house...what gives..
And when I call them they complain about how sales are down....well I'm here to tell ya at 3+$ a gallon turns a 25$ bunny into a 60$ bunny easy..
Thats why I just want to to bring one with you next time your headed this way..
I sware it's like pulling teeth with they's breeders....Des Moines is where the moneys at one trip and you'll be sold out before the next rabbit can get pregnant..
Unless you wanna wait around for the next father to take a hit to keep his little girl happy.. cause thats the only way I can see some one going 300 mile out of there way.. Sorry for ranting.. I ..I
what ever..
If I were a rabbit breeder and for some weird reason, I happened to be delivering a bunny to that person's next door neighbor, I STILL wouldn't sell them a bunny after reading that rant, lol. I drove over an hour and a half round trip to get Nala and Gaz and never would've dreamed of asking the breeder to come to me because I was too cheap and lazy to go to them.

Get a shelter bunny or suck it up and drive, yo. If $35 is that big of a deal to you, you shouldn't be getting a bunny anyway! Why the hell would a breeder want to spend $35 in gas money to deliver a $25 bunny to someone that insults them (and every other breeder) on the internet? >.>

Oh, and if they really do know FOUR other people, then why the heck can't the five of them chip in for gas money/carpool to all go get bunnies from the same breeder at the same time? OMG, $7 in gas money, it's SO EXPENSIVE!! FFS. I've been spending 2-3x that every week just to keep Nala and Gaz supplied with fresh leafy greens (and that's with green leaf, red leaf and romaine lettuce being 99c at Kroger's for the last few months with 2-3 small to medium heads of lettuce per bundle).

NO My husband does and shows me every bunny up on that darned list.
there was one Agouti that was a year old that looked EXACTLY like Chico. I wrote to the family lickey split but the listing was taken down. I'm hoping that they worked out keeping the poor bun, but he was a DEAD wringer for CHICO and looked so sweet. They said he could not hop and would walk and I thought oh poor baby... and wanted to take him. I'm hoping to this day that bunny is ok..

Vanessa

If I were a rabbit breeder and for some weird reason, I happened to be delivering a bunny to that person's next door neighbor, I STILL wouldn't sell them a bunny after reading that rant, lol. I drove over an hour and a half round trip to get Nala and Gaz and never would've dreamed of asking the breeder to come to me because I was too cheap and lazy to go to them.

Get a shelter bunny or suck it up and drive, yo. If $35 is that big of a deal to you, you shouldn't be getting a bunny anyway! Why the hell would a breeder want to spend $35 in gas money to deliver a $25 bunny to someone that insults them (and every other breeder) on the internet? >.>

Agreed. What an idiot... some people.... there is always one in the bunch ain't there!

Vanessa

:roflmao:

Last edited:
Thanks Imbruim, I can always count on you to get my back, ayep. :coolness:

I can't decide what my favorite part of that post is--it's a three-way tie between "I sware it's like pulling teeth with they's breeders", ".Des Moines is where the moneys at" (because Des Moines is NOT where the money is at. LOL, to those of you who aren't from Iowa, ask your friends if they can even SAY "Des Moines" properly... it's duh-moin, rhymes with coin, by the way... Des Moines is the biggest city in Iowa, but it isn't BIG lol) and my third favorite: "Sorry for ranting.. I ..I
what ever.."

I I whatever? Did they not READ THIS before they hit send? LOL.

Furthermore, you're all spot on with the shelter thing. The ARL (the "Main" shelter in the Des Moines area) has I think like 4 locations, and they ALL have rabbits at one time or another. There's another shelter that I know is just STUFFED with rabbits. If you absolutely had to get a rabbit, we probably don't have a BIG PROBLEM like some places, but there's no shortage of them either.

Plus, if a $25 rabbit turns into a $60 rabbit, then if the breeder does all the driving, they would be spending money to deliver you your rabbit. Most breeders love their rabbits, but they aren't going to take a loss to hand them out, especially not to spoiled, unmotivated pet owners.

Last edited:
I can't decide what my favorite part of that post is--it's a three-way tie between "I sware it's like pulling teeth with they's breeders",".Des Moines is where the moneys at" (because Des Moines is NOT where the money is at. LOL, to those of you who aren't from Iowa, ask your friends if they can even SAY "Des Moines" properly... it's duh-moin, rhymes with coin, by the way... Des Moines is the biggest city in Iowa, but it isn't BIG lol) and my third favorite: "Sorry for ranting.. I ..I
what ever.."

Seriously, lrn2grammar! I'm surprised that moron can even find the internet, lol.

I actually knew how to pronounce it correctly despite never having lived anywhere near Iowa, but then again, I took three years of French in high school :p.

I I whatever? Did they not READ THIS before they hit send? LOL.

I suspect they don't even listen to what's coming out of their own mouth/fingers. There are some internet slang type things that are vaguely similar, but not a darn one of them contains the letter "I." Maybe they were trying to say "I..'m a moron" but couldn't cobble together an accurate sentence?

Furthermore, you're all spot on with the shelter thing. The ARL (the "Main" shelter in the Des Moines area) has I think like 4 locations, and they ALL have rabbits at one time or another. There's another shelter that I know is just STUFFED with rabbits. If you absolutely had to get a rabbit, we probably don't have a BIG PROBLEM like some places, but there's no shortage of them either.

Looking for a breeder might make sense if you had your heart set on a purebred rabbit of a very specific breed... but "lop eared" is not a breed and therefore doesn't require the rabbit to be purebred. Lops of various breeds and cross-breeds are a dime a dozen in shelters.

Also, why FIVE people all HAVE to have a rabbit with lop ears is beyond me - I've got one lop, one bunny with normal ears and one with crazy-*ss airplane ears and they're all totally awesome. Well, I suppose if I had to pick my favorite ear style, I'd go for airplane - I can't get over how cute it is when something startles the new bunny and his ears *shoot* forward and jut out in front of his face like antennae! But seriously, shouldn't a rabbit's health and disposition come before the style of their ears on the list of important prerequisites??

Plus, if a $25 rabbit turns into a $60 rabbit, then if the breeder does all the driving, they would be spending money to deliver you your rabbit. Most breeders love their rabbits, but they aren't going to take a loss to hand them out, especially not to spoiled, unmotivated pet owners.

Yeah, any decent breeder is going to put two and two together, realize that someone who makes such a big deal about $35 in gas money to fetch a rabbit that's supposed to be their beloved companion for the next DECADE is almost certainly going to take really sh*tty care of said rabbit, and laugh that Craigslist moron right off the internet!

I really, REALLY hope that some stupid, irresponsible person in Des Moines doesn't see that ad and use it as incentive/an excuse to become a backyard lop breeder :(. No one wants another backyard breeder and no one wants the moron who posted that Craigslist ad to get a bunny to neglect.

That's just plain ridiculous!

yes, I look at the pets on craigs list often as well as petfinder. I certainly do not plan to get another pet any time soon as a large dog, three rabbits. four cats, three kids and a husband are more than enough company for me. Not that I don't love them all, I do but I do not have enough time in my days, space or money for any more. I do continue to look though.

I looooove looking at animals, lol. Sometimes I look at cars and stuff even though I have no plans to get another car!

This one I really was thinking about getting (I'll attach photos)

Rabbit (Grimes)

Two-year old female rabbit, all black with white nose. Unaltered female (not for breeding). I will alter her at my expense for a good home. Litter trained. Looking for a home she can call her own for the rest of her life. Currently she only has a bedroom. Looking for an entire home she can have the run off during the day. She is friendly with dogs and cats. I've introduced her to other males and she shy's away. Would be interested in letting her meet other buns (male or female) to see if it would work out.
She will come with all of her belongings, new rug, house, toys, etc.

Please email me with any questions at beemergirl515 at Yahoo dot come. Looking for a good loving home that's just right for her as I'm not letting her go because I don't like her, letting her go because she deserves more room that I have to give.

If having her altered is a must, please let me know.
Please call/text:-REMOVED don't really need to have her number published somewhere FOREVER-

I think I just really like black rabbits LOL
I like this one, but there are some things that concern me and sort of make me wonder if there's something the owner isn't telling us. She doesn't appear to be a giant breed, so a room in a house is probably plenty of room, definitely not a valid reason to get rid of a rabbit.

Second, obviously if she is being exposed to other rabbits, there's a chance she is pregnant.

Also, until I finish rabbit proofing my living room, she will actually have less room with me >> She would have to live in my room until bonded with my rabbits, only getting playtime a few times a week when I move her down to the xpen--and obviously that's only after her incision has healed!

craigs.jpg

I look through the pet section as well even though my husband would kill me if I got another pet. I also look at petfinder to make sure my dogs breed is never posted as I would swoop that dog up in a second even if my husband never talked to me again. I was looking today and saw this post of very cute bunnies for sale but what upset me is the urine stains on the buns feet. My bunny has white feet and his feet are pure white not yellow. I don't know if it is because they are too young to clean themselves well or just as I suspect they are living in dirty conditions?

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/pet/4269287233.html

00j0j_aQPkYxr4eQ6_600x450.jpg

00A0A_gT0sUwXkEgX_600x450.jpg

WOW those are stained.

It could be caused by a lot of things. My rabbit who is old has gotten some icky feet before.

I'm glad I can have as many pets as I **** well please lol

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/pet/4230755158.html

show quality american sable rabbits , mini lops and Am Fuzzy Lops (Orient, would trade for Ipod,psp games,)

Have 4 pairs of American Sables
4 mini lops (1 buck 3 does)
5 american fuzzy lops (1 buck 4 does)
And 1 English lop doe
All fully pedigreed and show stock from top lines.
Would trade for IPod, PSP games, Xbox newer games, Nintendo DS 3D and games , Disney movies DVD , or?
Pick up only. No trades for other animals.
Location is.orient. you can use Google And map quest to determine distance And location from you.

......... video games...

To be fair, there have been days I might've considered trading my naughties for video games... or power tools... :p.

Does it matter? I'd be happy with an empty box with a picture of a game on it :p. Norman has turned out to be JUST as horribly, horribly naughty as the girls, lol. Their cuteness is their saving grace.

Okay, this isn't technically craigslist, it's a local shelter, but look how RIDICULOUSLY FAT this nd is OOOOH MY GOD. I'll attach a pic too:

http://www.arl-iowa.org/find-a-pet/category.aspx?type=other

Flap Jack is an adorable little fella who is used to being petted and held. He's looking for a family who will give him time out of his enclosure every day to hang out with them and stretch his legs.

How are they going to know he's looking to stretch his legs? He looks like he's never done it before LOL.

fat.jpg

Also not craigslist but I went to a sort of local petstore and this bunny was in a really small cageImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1389494337.690220.jpg and I asked one of the people who worked there if the bun ever got let out and the guy looked at me like I was crazy and said "of course not, rabbits like being in cages". The poor fella had no toys and his pellets had seeds in them. When no one was looking I reached in the cage and the bun seemed so hesitant but then really became a cuddle monster. (Kept nudging my hand when I tried to pull it out of the cage and was very content to be held discreetly in my lap). I just with I was old enough to get the poor bun :(

Latest posts

Back