covid mental health check up

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elentari

Reaction score
so it's been months of quarantine, which started for me personally in mid to late feb or early march, so i'm just checking in since we've got that impending second wave looming over, especially in the us...

how's everybody doing?

i've been doing surprisngly okay, which i owe to finally being on a working combo of meds.
i actually find being inside easier than being out since i was previously sick as a teen for four years and homebound. going outside even with my mask always on, and avoiding people still makes me nervous, not only because i see people not wearing masks and creeping too close, but it reminds me of when i had a compromised immune system and would get sick just hearing someone cough...
i've been meditating more which i think is playing a big part in helping me stay grounded, i'm delving back into childhood favourites/comforts, and just taking it day by day. i am however slacking on my art but i decided to start writing poetry again despite it being over a decade since i've written any...

anyway, i hope you all are doing as well as can be and you're safe + healthy. if you are a frontline/essential worker, i hope you're doing okay physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and in any other way possible. i can't imaging how much you are carrying on your shoulders.

Thank you for posting this. I think the last several months has been hard. Looking at climbing numbers was a bit stressful. My husband and I are not on the same page. He goes to a variety of stores, hangs out with friends etc. I order groceries and stay home with kids for the most part. He is in the healthcare industry although doesn't see patients. He wears a mask at work and going places, except with his friends. In general they are in his bubble as he sees them regularly. My 2nd oldest is not in a good relationship. She comes over regularly with her daughter. It would have not been good for them to be home. The boyfriend/dad works some evenings and it is stressful being inside with him ( we hope she leaves him. Her twin has a big home and said they are welcome to live there). I have gained a ton of weight. I am planning on getting bariatric surgery. I have been overweight or obese for decades. This year I am getting surgery as a tool to help me get to a healthy weight. A good thing is that I left a religion I wanted to leave. With covid it was easier to exit out. A good thing is that we spent more time together and went outdoors more. I am hanging in there:) Having a rabbit has made the last months better too. My daughter got married a few days ago so that was a highlight:) Today is my grand daughter's birthday. We have 2 more in the family in the next 5 weeks. Something to look forward to. Also our house will be paid off this spring...a good feeling. Something to look forward to as well.

Nicole

so it's been months of quarantine, which started for me personally in mid to late feb or early march, so i'm just checking in since we've got that impending second wave looming over, especially in the us...

how's everybody doing?

i've been doing surprisngly okay, which i owe to finally being on a working combo of meds.
i actually find being inside easier than being out since i was previously sick as a teen for four years and homebound. going outside even with my mask always on, and avoiding people still makes me nervous, not only because i see people not wearing masks and creeping too close, but it reminds me of when i had a compromised immune system and would get sick just hearing someone cough...
i've been meditating more which i think is playing a big part in helping me stay grounded, i'm delving back into childhood favourites/comforts, and just taking it day by day. i am however slacking on my art but i decided to start writing poetry again despite it being over a decade since i've written any...

anyway, i hope you all are doing as well as can be and you're safe + healthy. if you are a frontline/essential worker, i hope you're doing okay physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and in any other way possible. i can't imaging how much you are carrying on your shoulders.

Attachments

• 20201231_145802.jpg
    20201231_145802.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 7
I would say I’m doing normal but I’m struggling with mental health on my side which is nothing new. At least I’m high functional still, so I can study normally and follow my deadlines and take care of my bunnies. But covid messed up my routines I had tried hard to keep.

But I accidentally did the miss yesterday that my bunny Odin was closed into a room without food, water, heat or a litter box. Because I didn’t look for him last night and just thought he was in the litter box eating hay. So I went to bed instead of doing the normal night routine. Turned out my dad had accidentally closed Odin into the washing room and he as normal had run behind the washing machine to explore. So my dad missed him. Odin was without food from 8 pm to 4:30 am. At least nothing happened but I feel bad for not checking where he was but it was really late and I just wanted to go to bed (2 am) 😔

I'm doing ok, anybody it has been a bit stressful having to deal with my family. There's also a lot of family things going on, and we're adding a 2 year old to my family, and I'm going to have to start sharing my room with my younger sister. Mostly everything is fine, the quarantine didn't really affect me that much. On the tough days I've got my rabbit, and having him makes everything better.

Thank you for posting this. I think the last several months has been hard. Looking at climbing numbers was a bit stressful. My husband and I are not on the same page. He goes to a variety of stores, hangs out with friends etc. I order groceries and stay home with kids for the most part. He is in the healthcare industry although doesn't see patients. He wears a mask at work and going places, except with his friends. In general they are in his bubble as he sees them regularly. My 2nd oldest is not in a good relationship. She comes over regularly with her daughter. It would have not been good for them to be home. The boyfriend/dad works some evenings and it is stressful being inside with him ( we hope she leaves him. Her twin has a big home and said they are welcome to live there). I have gained a ton of weight. I am planning on getting bariatric surgery. I have been overweight or obese for decades. This year I am getting surgery as a tool to help me get to a healthy weight. A good thing is that I left a religion I wanted to leave. With covid it was easier to exit out. A good thing is that we spent more time together and went outdoors more. I am hanging in there:) Having a rabbit has made the last months better too. My daughter got married a few days ago so that was a highlight:) Today is my grand daughter's birthday. We have 2 more in the family in the next 5 weeks. Something to look forward to. Also our house will be paid off this spring...a good feeling. Something to look forward to as well.

Nicole

I'm sorry about that these last several months have been hard for you and that you & your husband are on different pages dealing with the pandemic. I hope for the best for your second oldest and grandchild, it's good that they come to see you and don't have to stay in their home by themselves. It's great that they have both your support and your other kids, I'm sure that helps them a lot.
Good luck with the surgery! I hope everything goes well and that recovery is not difficult and it gets you to where you want to be. Congratulations on leaving the religion you wanted to leave and being able to be outside more, and congrats on paying off your house, I'm sure that is a huge relief! : )
How wonderful for your daughter! Happy belated birthday to your granddaughter I hope she had a nice birthday despite the pandemic. Oh wow, two more family members to look forward too sounds like another bright spot for you, congrats!

I hope things continue to look up for you and your family and that you all stay safe, happy, and healthy.

I would say I’m doing normal but I’m struggling with mental health on my side which is nothing new. At least I’m high functional still, so I can study normally and follow my deadlines and take care of my bunnies. But covid messed up my routines I had tried hard to keep.

But I accidentally did the miss yesterday that my bunny Odin was closed into a room without food, water, heat or a litter box. Because I didn’t look for him last night and just thought he was in the litter box eating hay. So I went to bed instead of doing the normal night routine. Turned out my dad had accidentally closed Odin into the washing room and he as normal had run behind the washing machine to explore. So my dad missed him. Odin was without food from 8 pm to 4:30 am. At least nothing happened but I feel bad for not checking where he was but it was really late and I just wanted to go to bed (2 am) 😔

Sorry to hear you are struggling with your mental health, I know how difficult dealing with mental health can be in normal circumstances, but you're doing a great job just by being able to get through each day. I'm glad to hear Odin is doing okay! Try not to guilt yourself over it, we all make mistakes with our pets, the important thing is that he is okay. <333

I'm doing ok, anybody it has been a bit stressful having to deal with my family. There's also a lot of family things going on, and we're adding a 2 year old to my family, and I'm going to have to start sharing my room with my younger sister. Mostly everything is fine, the quarantine didn't really affect me that much. On the tough days I've got my rabbit, and having him makes everything better.

Oh man, I hope things start to level out with your family and everybody will be able to co-exist nicely. Thank the universe for rabbits huh? I'm glad he makes everything better. : )

Latest posts

Back